cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed contract, then charged twice for line rental (despite still having Line Rental Saver)

Busychip
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Renewed contract, then charged twice for line rental (despite still having Line Rental Saver)

Hello

I have a billing issue that's arisen following my contract renewal with Plusnet.

My new contract includes line rental, whereas my previous one didn't as I paid for this portion via the Line Rental Saver offer. Basically the problem has occurred because my new contract overlapped the last remaining month of my earlier Line Rental Saver deal. As a result, I have been charged in full for the line rental portion of the new contract, despite the fact that I had already paid for this period well in advance.

My new 18 month contract started on the 5/5/2021 and I've just had my first bill since upgrading. In this I've been charged:
Broadband: £3.70 per month
Line Rental: £20.29 per month
Call Plan: £9 per month
Total: £32.99 per month on a new 18 month contract

I shouldn't be being billed Line Rental yet, as my existing Line Rental Saver is still in place until 04/06/21. Either that or I should be entitled to a refund of one month's worth of the old Line Rental Saver, which would be about £16.49. I would have expected the first bill of my new contract to take this into account, but it hasn't.

This seems to be a not infrequent problem as these billing issues seem to have happen whenever I renew or upgrade. I love the broadband service I get from you guys but the billing system does seem to struggle with upgrades and renewals.

Can someone possibly have a look at my account for me and sort out a refund?

Thanks very much

7 REPLIES 7
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Renewed contract, then charged twice for line rental (despite still having Line Rental Saver)

Hi @Busychip,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've reviewed your account and raised a support ticket in response, here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Busychip
Dabbler

Re: Renewed contract, then charged twice for line rental (despite still having Line Rental Saver)

Thank you for your quick and helpful response, MightyAJ!

How will the refund appear? Will it be credited back to my bank account, or will it be knocked off the next bill?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It will be sent back to your account that you pay the bill with Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
rgissing

Hi @TheMightyAJ.

I have the same problem - I have LRS paid for last May and running to July this year, but have just noticed that after renewing my contract in January I have since been charged line rental each month despite having already paid for it. Are you able to hep me also please?

Many thanks. 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @rgrissing,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I've taken a look at your account this afternoon and I've raised a response via a support ticket, which can be viewed here.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Busychip
Dabbler

Refund now received. Many thanks, MightyAJ. 👍

rgissing

Many thanks for your help @TheMightyAJ, refunds now received.