cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed contract but charged £29.99 a month instead of amount in email

Goldnutmeg

Renewed contract but charged £29.99 a month instead of amount in email

I renewed my £18.99 contract through the link in Plusnet email of 7 June 2021 but instead of the agreed price I was charged £29.99 a month! Vastly overcharged! See email wording below.

Your broadband (Unlimited Broadband) and line rental contract is coming to an end on 9th July 2021.

When your contract ends your monthly price will go from £18.99 to £31.44. Price changes apply.

Ofcom, the communications regulator, requires us to show you the current best prices available for you. You're eligible to move to these new prices now as your contract is coming to an end. Once you get to the end of your contract, you can leave free of charge and either switch to another provider or cancel your service by giving us 14 days' notice. If you'd like to talk to us about your options give us a call on 0800 587 1943 or you can choose one of the new prices listed below.

Services included as part of your contract

• Average download speeds of 10Mb
• Free Plusnet to Plusnet landline calls

Take a look at the end of the email for a list of the services you have because you're a Plusnet customer.

Here is your best price (in line with Ofcom guidance)
Unlimited broadband and line rental for £18.99 a month. 18 month contract. Price changes apply.

Renew my contract now

Additional services you have with us on a 30 day rolling contract, these are charged separately

• Unlimited UK & Mobile

After your contract end date there won't be any changes to these services
1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Renewed contract but charged £29.99 a month instead of amount in email

Thanks for your post @Goldnutmeg and welcome to our Community Forums

Looking at the renewal offer you've pasted above, I can see we've advised that additional services like your call plan are charged separately. I've raised a support ticket on your account to go into more detail you can view and reply to by logging into your account and going Here. I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet