cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed contract as a lower rate - how can I tell it's been actioned?

bravoecho75
Grafter

Renewed contract as a lower rate - how can I tell it's been actioned?

I signed up for another 18 months at the offer rate.  The "thank you" page failed with a 403 error.  I haven't seen any confirmation emails and there's not5hing obvious on the dashboard.  How can I tell whether the order went through?

7 REPLIES 7
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Renewed contract as a lower rate - how can I tell it's been actioned?

@bravoecho75 

You say you have looked on the dashboard, but are there any closed tickets that refer to your new contract. There should be a few, including one that refers to the email you were sent, if the recontract went through. As there is now no way to access closed tickets via the Manage Account Page try this link (you will need to be signed in to your account):

https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login?p=view_question

As I have said on these forums before, there needs to be a link to closed tickets on the dashboard - after all the customer is party to the contract within which Plusnet staff raise and close tickets.

bravoecho75
Grafter

Not an electronic sausage - just takes me to the home page Sad

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Yes - I have just checked both that link and another and both now merely take you to the Dashboard once logged in. The link I posted above was supplied a few weeks ago on these forums by Gandalf when the link in the Manage Account page was removed.

So Plusnet are now preventing paying customers from viewing closed tickets and service notices on their accounts unless they have a link to an open ticket on the Dashboard or a link supplied to such in an email from Plusnet or one given by Plusnet on these forums on these forums, in which case you can then get at old tickets. I think that is totally unacceptable.

As I said such access can be useful in advising a customer what is going on and may actually reduce the load on Plusnet customer services staff if the closed ticket explains what is going on without the customer having to actually contact them.  I can see that they are trying to stop customers raising new tickets as they do not want to deal with customers in that way (and that is a separate discussion in its own right) but why deny access to old tickets which are the de facto record of what has happened and been done on an account? What have they got to hide?

bravoecho75
Grafter

Ta.

So is there any formal mechanism to raise questions or is this it ... hope that someone from the company spots one's plea in amongst all the others?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@bravoecho75  Logging into the member centre using the following link gets to the questions page for me

https://www.plus.net/wizard/ 

Plusnet certainly make things difficult by removing obvious routes to check ticket information.☹️

bravoecho75
Grafter

The good news - that works!

The bad news - nothing about the renewal.

I'll have another go.

Thanks for the help so far (and I agree, they don't make things easy!)

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @bravoecho75,

Thanks for getting in touch. I've had a look at your account now and, unfortunately, the renewal hasn't gone through. If you try again on the member centre, the renewal  should hopefully go through correctly. Alternatively, if you give our Customer Options team a call on 0800 013 2632 they'll be able to arrange the renewal over the phone for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team