Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed Contract and overcharged

Grizzlemethis
Hooked

Renewed Contract and overcharged

Hello

I have a billing issue that's come up following my contract renewal.

I was charged £61.11 which is well over double my usual monthly payment

Just to let you know that your billing has been successful, and we have taken £61.11 for the billing period starting on 1st July 2023.

I renewed my account before the current contract ended and there are no charges or anything warranting this on my accout or anywhere else.

Your broadband (Unlimited Fibre Extra) and line rental contract is coming to an end on 31st July 2023.

When your contract ends your monthly price will go from £28.32 to £54.39. Annual price changes apply.

Your new total subscription cost will be £24.99 per month for the next 24 months.

Following this your monthly subscription will be £30.00..

8 REPLIES 8
Grizzlemethis
Hooked

Re: Renewed Contract and overcharged

My products page is showing completely inaccurate as well

Your products
Line Only
£0.00
Monthly total
£54.39
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Regular readers will know this happens all the time with contract renewals. The surplus amount should be deducted from the next DD. The amount billed does seem strange but then nothing's strange given PN's accounts system and its discount methods. If you're worried or need the overpayment best give them a ring.

Mike

Grizzlemethis
Hooked

Yeah it looks like they never even bothered to update my contract or anything looking at the current bill now as monthly charges show as; (Dashboard also states I am out of contract.)

Line Rental £26.53

Unlimited Fibre Extra £27.86

Additional Call Charges £6.72 - (Call charges expected.)

When it should be;

Your new total subscription cost will be £24.99 per month for the next 24 months.

Following this your monthly subscription will be £30.00.

Package / contracted was updated before the prior one ended so I've not gone out of contract for any length of time or anything.

Don't know if this is an automation issue or what but this is pretty ridiculous especially with my new plan not including a phone line to even call and chase this up.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear this has happened @Grizzlemethis 

Your account was updated this afternoon so should be showing the right product and amount now.

As advised above once your next bill is generated you'll have a pro-rata credit applied to cover the difference 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Grizzlemethis
Hooked

As someone on a fixed income this really isn't acceptable and don't see why the difference isn't refunded back into my bank account. Are you able to tell me what the exact credit amount will be?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

We wouldn't I'm afraid as the billing system will work it out automatically, where as if we attempt to estimate it, we could be wrong and I would like to avoid any further errors due to the hassle the first one caused you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
DiMum
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

It's not on! I've just been charged £40.42, after agreeing to pay £24.99 on renewal. I've raised a ticket here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard. I will also be checking what the direct debit agreement says and may escalate to a complaint here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22909&wizard_id=38. I know I can phone Plusnet, but this way I'm not hanging on waiting for them to answer, and I have a written record of what was discussed. @adamwalker
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your time on the phone @DiMum 

As discussed I've updated the ticket here with the details

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team