cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal with changed options

paul_edwin
Grafter

Renewal with changed options

I was going to renew my contract online, but wanted to remove the 'Evening & Weekend UK & Mobile Calls' call plan because it's really not useful any more.

The order summary suggests that I can "choose again" to change my options, but just presents the same thing with no way of changing it.

Is there a way of doing this online, or do I need to speak to a real person for this?

4 REPLIES 4
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Renewal with changed options

Hi @paul_edwin, thanks for getting in touch. If you're looking to re-contract and take off the call plan at the same time then this would have to be done via our Customer Options Team. They should still be able to go with the online contract offer you received if you're happy to do so but may have other options available also.
They can be reached directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@BD 

As a matter of clarity, if you renew using an offer that includes the call plan, does that bind you to the call plan for the duration of the new contract or can you amend the call plan during that time?

I ask as it was usually possible to amend the call plan at any time (the amendment taking effect from the next billing date) as it only ran on a monthly basis. I am coming towards the end of my contract and would like clarity on this matter so that I know what my options are and how to proceed if/when I get any renewal offer emails..

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @jgb, thanks for getting in touch. A call plan can added and removed at any point through a contract period as you've mentioned and this would take effect from the following monthly invoice. In this case, as both a re-contract and removal is needed then it can't be done so via the online re-contract method as there then would have to be a wait for the contract to go into effect before we then could put through the request to remove the call plan and why a call to our Customer Options Team was advised.

If you've not yet received your online renewal offer but wish to remove the call plan then I'd recommend doing so now ahead of the re-contract period as it means you can put the request through on your account online and the change take place on your following invoice which then should allow you to re-contract online when this point comes and the renewal offer received not showing the call plan.

You can make changes to your call plan by going to Offers and Upgrades in the Member Centre, and then selecting call plan for the change you mentioned. This is a direct link: https://www.plus.net/member-centre/phone.

I hope this helps.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@BD 

Thanks for the clarification. I really only wanted to establish whether or not recontracting with an existing call plan meant that the call plan could not then be amended /deleted during the term of the new contract  (on the next monthly bill date). From what you say it does not change that functionality. 

At present I think I will be keeping my call plan if I can change my mind after recontracting and so I will just await my offer.

Thanks again.