Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal problems...

FIXED
jdcopelin
Hooked

Renewal problems...

Hello,

My line rental saver is up for renewal soon and I am also out of contract with my fibre package. I saw adverts for PlusNet (and other ISPs) offering packages with line rental included so I thought I would go to the member centre and "change product". However all I see listed are the packages that I am on, which is a bit strange. So after waiting 20 minutes in the queue a chap said he could not assist with account renewals (even though I selected it from the menu) and put me through to someone else... 20 minutes later the person kept telling me I was out of contract and that is why new customers have the better offer - yes I know I don't mind signing up for 12 months, that is why I am phoning! She then went through some options but was told I could not combine the following:

Fibre Unlimited (inc. line rental) and Anytime UK & Mobile.

They said the "system" only lets you have Fibre Unlimited and Anytime UK. If I wanted to have the Anytime UK & Mobile call package I would have to pay the line rental monthly at the higher rate .

I questioned this because I have been a customer for more than 15 years and do not see why a loyal customer should not have access to the same package as a new customer. The person said they would email the next day (today, Saturday) after she referred it to a manager or someone higher up.

I have had no response and cannot call them during the day as I am at work - what happened to email/ticket support?!

Has anyone else had success at getting put on to a "including line rental" package and the Anytime UK & Mobile call plans?

Such a simple thing has really annoyed me and am starting to shop around - I have been with PlusNet since they had less than 250'000 customers and this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced from them.

Thanks for any comments,

Jonathan

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Renewal problems...

Fix

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry to hear of your experience

I'm really sorry to say but in order to add on the new Anytime+Mobile call plan [branded as Unlimited UK and Mobile Calls] you'd need to allow your line rental saver to expire, put the product change through then renew LRS afterwards.

It's a limitation of our systems and there's currently no feasible workaround. Sad

If you'd like to go ahead renewing your contract first let me know and I'll arrange a call back. After that, if you follow the steps above you'll be able to have your desired call package and LRS too.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jdcopelin
Hooked

Hello Anoush,

It's been a while since my original post, but my line rental saver has now expired and am obviously still out of contract on broadband and phone plan. Today I had a look at the options under "change my plan" but the option I want for call packages is not listed and neither are the options for broadband plans that include line rental. I tried phoning the support team but wait times are too long at 30 mins. Please could I take you up on the offer of getting a call back from plusnet to discuss the options as I would also like to upgrade my broadband package?

Thanks for your assistance!

Jonathan

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi again Jonathan.

I've arranged that call back for you now.

Keep an eye on your phone, I'd expect it to happen within about 24 hours.

Let us know how it goes. Smiley

Cheers,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jdcopelin
Hooked

Wow! Before I could read your reply I was answering the phone - a call from PlusNet. All signed up on the new packages!

Thanks Anoush!

Best regards,

Jonathan

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yay! No problems Jonathan, let us know if we can be of further assistance. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet