Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal of Line Rental Saver

mexicano
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Renewal of Line Rental Saver

I've already raised a ticket (213400526) but I just wanted to know if anyone else had taken up Plusnet's offer in February to renew LRS this year and have encounted problems?

I did, even though my existing LRS doesn't expire until 13 May. So when I saw that my payment of £197.88 was added to my account as a credit I just thought that in May Plusnet would debit my account for that amount.

Yesterday I checked my bill online and noticed that my account was debited for £18.99 and marked as "Line Rental".

Even if they did deduct the charge early then it should be for £16.49, which, if I'm not mistaken, is 1/12th of £197.88.

I'm hoping that this will be fixed soon!

2 REPLIES 2
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 45

Re: Renewal of Line Rental Saver

@mexicano This is a known problem with the Plusnet billing system, the line rental saver payment should not show as a credit on your account. The system does not recognise that you have LRS so deducts line rental and broadband charges from the credit and as you point out they are not the correct values.

As for getting it fixed that could be a problem, there are examples of this on the forums going back for months, maybe years.  I don't think Plusnet have worked out why it  has gone wrong so until they can figure that out they can't fix it. ☹️

mexicano
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Renewal of Line Rental Saver

Their uswitch "awards" must be a joke then?