Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal has gone wrong and account now in error

grahamn
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Renewal has gone wrong and account now in error

In response to a PN renewal invitation last week, I called in and we agreed on a renewal price and duration. The next day I get a bill for an amount i excess of the agreed amount which seems to have been based on the old contract price / discount.

So I had to call in again and spoke to someone who revisited all the figures with me and has supposedly put in a credit to counter the over-charging, but nothing promising has come to light since. I'm still looking at an account screen quoting the incorrect higher monthly - including the next payment due (incorrect amount) and in addition to another screen it states my "account is in error" and another message saying "we're still working on your bill"! 

I would be grateful to know what is actually happening and some tangible assurance that the billing system and account is correct complete with the agreed discounts and credits for the overcharging. This shouild have been a simple renewal to my mind, but somehow has gone wrong very quickly.

Many thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Renewal has gone wrong and account now in error

Hi there,

I'm really sorry that your renewal's gone horribly wrong.

I can see the adviser you've spoken to has added a credit and discounts, however unfortunately there's a billing system error when it had tried to apply the renewed discounts and it's put your bills on hold while we work on it, which would explain the error and wrong price you're currently seeing in your account. 

I'd recommend allowing a bit of time for the system to work itself out but feel free to message me if you get close to your next bill date and this isn't sorted yet and I'll be happy to investigate further. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
grahamn
Rising Star

Thanks @Gandalf I will do that.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries and sounds like a plan, let me know how it goes

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
grahamn
Rising Star

Hi @Gandalf

Could you take another look at the account please? This month has gone through at the higher, incorrect amount with no sign of any credit back for this and future amounts don't look correct either(?) but the error messages on the account have vanished.

Many thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @grahamn

I think I've sorted the future amounts out now, could you check for me? Send me a private message with a screenshot if it's still wrong though so I can take a closer look. 

The credit was applied towards your account balance rather than a refund so you'll see that off your next bill.

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
grahamn
Rising Star

Replied in PM.