Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal costs too high, no choice but to look elsewhere

wivenhoe6
Grafter

Renewal costs too high, no choice but to look elsewhere

Hey all

Just wondered what sort of renewal deals you have been offered by PlusNet for 'broadband and phone'? My first year contract with PlusNet is about to end (12 months free with cashback too) & before I moved over to TalkTalk I thought I would give PlusNet a chance to convince me to stay.

Gave them a call earlier & it was really disappointing. For the broadband charge to be reasonable they wanted me to sign up to a 24 month contract which seemed unfair. Otherwise it was over £10 I think (the guy spoke very quickly).

Any likelihood of getting free broadband for another year like they offer new customers? Otherwise it seems I'll have to jump ship...

14 REPLIES 14
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Renewal costs too high, no choice but to look elsewhere

Speaking personally I have been offered no deal this year as plusnet in their infinite wisdom decided not to for broadband only customers.

As you've noticed the cost gap between new customers with "free broadband" and cashback and the rest of us motley crew is widening. Which of course makes sense as the money given away has to come from somewhere.

HPsauce
Pro

@billnotben wrote:

Speaking personally I have been offered no deal this year as plusnet in their infinite wisdom decided not to for broadband only customers..

Same here. Cry

jockwav
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Well i have been with PN for almost 5yrs & they won,t offer me anything as my current contract ends on the 31st may.

So i am forced to look elsewhere now,busy looking at them all now,so far BT is winning.Smiley

https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
billnotben
Community Veteran

@HPsauce wrote:

Same here

Yes it's a shame isn't it.

Plusnet used to be the one to go to for low priced broadband. Now it's the one to look at for broadband-phone-tv. Can't say low priced anymore as I can get it a little cheaper on BT which begs the question - the point of plusnet is?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@jockwav wrote:

they won,t offer me anything

That's not really correct.

Chris wrote:

I've just listened to the call and that's not what I picked up from it.

He did say he couldn't offer you the same deal you're on now as that was a deal-match which we are no longer doing. He also was completely honest with you and said that due to the market area we couldn't match the BT deal. He did say that any new deal he could offer you would be more than you are currently paying.

Offers were available. Just not price match offers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
wivenhoe6
Grafter

After speaking to PlusNet again they have offered me a 18 month contract for £3.33 per month + £16.99 line rental.

I accepted the offer but have noticed that my account is already being billed for £10 broadband. Money hasn't been taken yet, can PlusNet staff please alter this charge so that it reflects the new £3.33 monthly charge please.

billnotben
Community Veteran

@HarryB wrote:

He did say that any new deal he could offer you would be more than you are currently paying.

I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who would regard that as an "offer".

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It would have still been a discounted rate compared to the standard cost. It just wouldn't be price matching some of the new signup offers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
wivenhoe6
Grafter

Any chance of looking into my billing issue please Harry?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately as the invoice has already been generated I wouldn't be able to change this. The discounts have been applied to start from your next billing date.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
wivenhoe6
Grafter

Could you refund the difference as a good will gesture then?

Seems a bit unfair considering I've signed up to a new 18 month contract and the £10 broadband charge is worth over 3 months worth of broadband at £3.33

barlizard

Cancel and have another member of the household apply as new customer.
wivenhoe6
Grafter

The first PlusNet guy told me that they put a block on your address so that no one can sign up with PlusNet there for 6 months. This is the first I have heard of this & I'm pretty sure it is untrue?

wivenhoe6
Grafter

Could you refund the difference as a good will gesture then?

Seems a bit unfair considering I've signed up to a new 18 month contract and the £10 broadband charge is worth over 3 months worth of broadband at £3.33