Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal costs, could be bye bye

Chrisvesey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Renewal costs, could be bye bye

Here we go again, my contract runs out in August, spoke to somebody about renewal, they quoted £36 for me to have the same except the tv which is finishing. At the moment I pay £30 so an extra 6 quid, 11 quid if you knock off the TV cost, plus the router is on the way out. Looking at virgin fibre as its cheaper, looks like a change is coming, shame as problems have always been sorted in the past, see what happens when I phone up next week,

Chris

27 REPLIES 27
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Renewal costs, could be bye bye

I am in the process of transferring out to Sky. If I have my phone, internet and tv with them, I get SkyQ installed free (held out as I like my HD box), plus a minibox and Netflix, all for £13pm month less than having them all separately. I will be leaving a bit shy of the end of my contract, but they will pay the termination charges as well (up to £100). I've been here 3 years this time around, so time for a move I feel.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Chris, I'm sorry to see you're looking at leaving us.

I'd recommend waiting until closer to the end of your contract before making a decision, because within the last 40 days of your contract, we'll email you an end of contract reminder with the best renewal offer we can do for you.

Before you get this email you may get another email with an 'account review', that's something different. Wait for the end of contract reminder and if you're still not happy with the renewal offer, I'd recommend calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 at that point as I'm sure we'd be able to tempt you with a new deal to stay with us.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

This could involve 🍫

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Not again! haha Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kholiren

hi wanna ask whether u have any issue with refunds when u switch out? how do they refund u? i m also in the process of switching out. 

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @kholiren, thanks for getting in touch.
I can confirm that after the service has ben terminated with us and 20 days have passed a final invoice will generate showing any final fee's or refund amounts. Initially our billing team will attempt in trying to refund any owed amounts back through your bank details (You may receive a notification asking you to confirm this so keep an eye out.) however if not possible, then a cheque refund will be sent for the owed amount.

Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Hi,

Just managed to get through to somebody about my renewal, he dropped the price a quid and said he couldn't see how I'd had such a good discount before, I must admit I don't  understand how your accounts work I'd been paying too much and it seems the discount was to repay this. Have to see what virgin offers, if plusnet come down a couple of quid and a bar of chocolate I'll probably stay, annoyed about the TV Cancellation anyway,

Chris

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

I'd personally avoid Virgin, Indian call centres! Big reason I ditched Talk Talk for Plusnet last year.

Do you see? Cheesy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Chris, I'm sorry to see we couldn't offer you a similar deal you had before and you've had further issues with your bills. 

Our offers change from time to time and we can't always offer the same level of discount each contract renewal I'm afraid.

Looking at the incorrect bills last year, I can see we credited those overcharges shortly afterwards.

Let me know if there are any further issues though, feel free to drop me a PM if you'd want to take it privately.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Hi,

Just noticed that my dashboard account summary says that I have an 18 month contract from 30/9/2020 so I don't understand why it runs out on 9 August, I have also noticed that the range of my router seems to be reducing which suggests that it is on the way out. If I renew my contract will you supply a new router foc? ( plus a choccy bar)

Chris,

Ps I can't  see where I can send a pm

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Chrisvesey - click on @Gandalf avatar - that will open an option - on the RH of the screen.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Chris, we'll be happy to send you a new router free of charge as part of a new contract, it'll be the same model as the one you have though as the Hub One is our latest still. Having said that, I'd recommend trying some wireless troubleshooting steps explained Here as your router may not have developed a fault.

I'd still also recommend waiting until we've emailed you an end of contract reminder (not the account review) within the last 40 days of your contract as that'll generally be the absolute best deal we can do for you.

I've dropped you an email with more information which I hope helps clarify the bit about your contract.

With regards to another choccy bar, I can't make any promises as it's generally not something we'd send on request...

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chrisvesey
Rising Star

Thanks Gandalf, I will do what you suggest,

Chris

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem at all Chris

Let me know if you've got any further queries Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet