cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal contract start date confusion

FIXED
helenk

Renewal contract start date confusion

Hi - I was assured on the phone yesterday that my new contract would start from the end of the old one, however I do not believe this to be the case, given the other threads on this forum, and the email I received that says 'starting from Monday 22nd January' which is before the end of my old contract.

There is no information on the website or T&C clarifying this matter prior to re-contracting.

There are so many 'similar subjects' to this on this forum, & so much effort spent by Plusnet fixing people's over-billing/under-billing issues - would it not just make things easier if Plusnet clarified?

It's not rocket science & would save everyone a lot of grief.

Thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Renewal contract start date confusion

@helenk  Welcome to the Plusnet Community Fora.

See https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Renewing-BB-and-Home-phone/m-p/1952603#M68166 for the policy.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Gandalf said in that link - "Thought it's worth me noting that if a contract is renewed over the phone, it'll begin on the next billing date. If renewed online, then more often than not, it'll start the next working day as @Baldrick1 says."

This seems to me to be a somewhat elastic policy as the last two times I have renewed by phone my contract has started the next day and not on the next billing date. The last time I renewed the staffer on the phone said it would start on the next day (which it did) whereas the time before they said it would start on the next billing date 9Which it did not). I do not think that Plusnet staff really know what is going to happen until the system tells them!!

helenk

Thanks for responding.

So, clearly it starts from next working day, not end of previous contract, although this information is not actually available on the PlusNet website as an actualy policy statement.

Will I get refunded the over-billing on the end of the previous contract, since I renewed 'early'?

thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fix

Hi @helenk 

Looks like you've spoken with us via Twitter regarding this.

Just to confirm if the change kicks in from the next day you'll have a pro-rata credit/charge applied on your next bill for any difference 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
helenk

Thanks Matthew. I haven't exactly spoken to you at Twitter since you can't put basic contract-type information up there.

Thank you for confirming the pro-rata adjustment, I will watch out for it on the next bill.

Now, why can't this be made clear on the website and/or on the T&C when a customer renews? 🙂