cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew, stuck order error and static IP

lynep

Renew, stuck order error and static IP

1. My 18 month contract ends early April. When can it be renewed, and is renewal competitive compared to new customer offers?
2. For the last 16 months, the website has a message about "an order still in process". This must be some error, but it stops various things being allowed.

3. I have just got ExpressVPN, and think a static IP would be helpful, rather than messing about getting a domain hostname. The "add-on" to request a static IP doesn't work. I just get a grey bar and nothing happens.

Live chat doesn't work.

Many thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
lynep

Re: Renew, stuck order error and static IP

It's now sorted out more or less.
I eventually got through to  customer services by telephone, and they cleared the error, which was that the router delivery status was despatched rather than delivered. They also did the Static IP add-on for me.
I couldn't get the current £27.99 offer for unlimited fibre extra, and at the moment I cannot find how to  order that online.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Glad to hear you've got most of it sorted and cleared up @lynep

I would suggest calling into our Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632 during the below hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00

Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00

Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

They will be able to advise you the options that are currently open to you. For reference we are able to discuss a new deal with you anytime up 3 months before your contract finishes, I'd also suggest taking a look on MSE, comaprethemarket.com for a rough guide on pricing - you can mention these to the advisors who can look to either match them or get as close in price to them.

Thanks.

lynep

Thank you for your help @Mads 

We called and did get an offer, but not one matching the current PN new customer offer or Sky, nevermind getting close to the likes of vodaphone, Talk Talk, SEE etc.

So we'll either have my husband take the PN new customer offer, or just go back to Sky.

I have to say it was a right pain getting through to PN, we've spoken to four people now and it felt like hard work to not achieve a new contract. We were with Sky before, and it was really easy to just call each year and get the new customer price. (As it happens, we only changed from Sky because we wanted to switch the account into my name when my husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and Sky couldn't  cope with that; at least not without changing our telephone number.)

So my contact is up on 9th. April. When would be the right time to new customer order from either PN or Sky?

Many thanks.

Lyne

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @lynep,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm sorry we were unable to process a new customer deal for you on the existing account. It takes two weeks for a transfer order/new order to activate so I would suggest placing the order to go live after your contract end date so there are no early termination fees.

Thanks.