cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew Plusnet contract - FTTP due soon

Jonesey

Renew Plusnet contract - FTTP due soon

My Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra (FTTC) contract ends very soon and at this moment in time fibre to the premises is not available from Openreach, however Openreach contractors are in the area installing fibre nodes for FTTP distribution.

Recently I had a visit from 2 Openreach contractors (MJ Quinn) who were trying to locate the phone line lead in to my house which is direct underground duct. I showed them the duct exit near my front door and they brought a "Cobra" continuous rod on a reel to rod the duct to the nearest footway box and pulled back a blue drawrope which is now tied off ready to pull in a fibre cable when the fibre node is installed. They didn't know when the node would be installed but looks like it will be soon.

I'm happy with my current Plusnet service, line sync is 80 down 20 up, but I would like to switch to a direct fibre service as soon as it is available through Openreach. I know Plusnet currently do not offer FTTP based broadband but it is supposed to be "soon". If I renew my contract next month I will still be on FTTC but will Plusnet allow me to upgrade to a faster FTTP service when it is available to my house and PN are able to provide it? Several friends who are with BT Broadband were able to upgrade to a faster FTTP service mid contract when it became available in their areas. Don't fancy paying £40+ per month for out of contract broadband while I wait for Plusnet to support FTTP.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Renew Plusnet contract - FTTP due soon

Thanks for your post @Jonesey and welcome to our Community Forums.

Exciting times!

We'll allow you to leave a contract term for FTTP without termination fees, if you move to BT or EE for the service.

To arrange, we'd just ask that you call our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jonesey

Disappointing, that's not the reply I was looking for! Are Plusnet resigned to fade away maintaining a withering customer base of customers on legacy VDSL/ADSL networks while everyone migrates over to FTTP? Plusnet are the first ISP I have been happy to renew contract with instead of hunting for the best new customer deal every 12/18 months. What I want to do is renew my current contract with Plusnet until they offer FTTP, supposedly before the end of this year according to ISP Review  https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/04/broadband-isp-plusnet-uk-predicted-to-launch-fttp-this...

I may as well move to BT, EE or any other ISP at the end of my current contract anyway if they will upgrade me to FTTP when Openreach complete the rollout to my home soon.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

We’ve got plans to offer FTTP but I just can’t say when this will be which may turn out to be when it’s available for you. Or it may not. Either way though if you’re happy to stay with us you’ve got nothing to lose by renewing Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button