Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing call plan on renewal.

FIXED
janeybeans
Grafter

Removing call plan on renewal.

Hi, not sure if this is in the right place. Our contract is up for a renewal and I've had an email giving us new price, which we're happy with. The problem is that we want to cancel the phone call plan, but when I go through the link to renew, it doesn't give me the option to remove the call plan. If I renew, can I just remove the call plan afterwards or is there a minimum term for that? 

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 268

Re: Removing call plan on renewal.

Fix

@janeybeans The call plan is separate to your Broadband/Line contract, and can be cancelled at anytime - via your accounts page, IIRC. It is a monthly rolling contract, so would be charged up to your next bill date, but then cease.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 422

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

janeybeans
Grafter

Ah thanks. I had a feeling that was the case but just wanted to be sure before I pressed the button! Thanks! 

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@janeybeans 

In case you are unaware, Plusnet's systems only allow one change to be pending on an account at any one time. Therefore, if you accept a new contract that will (usually) start on your next billing date and that will sit on your account as a change until it completes. This will prevent you from cancelling your calls package until after that recontract completes i.e. until after your billing date.

If you cancel your calls package first you will not be able to recontract until after your billing date when the call package change will have completed.

You need to decide what matters most to you or ring up the Customer Options Team ( 0800 013 2632 ) referring to the emailed deal (or you may be able to get a better one!) and they may be able to arrange both concurrently. The COT ine is usually answered quite quickly.