Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove restrictions please?

Thedoctor1701
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Remove restrictions please?

I'm unable to pay my bill until the 28th of each month, but halfway through the bill needs to be paid.
Obviously being paid at the end of the month means I get connection issues and slower than heck speeds.
Is it at all possible to change the date of my billing to the end of the month and remove the current restrictions until I get paid.

If any of that makes sense!

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Remove restrictions please?

Hi there. Thanks for getting back to us via our community forums.

Once a payment fails, your account goes into 'failed billing'. On Days 1, 5 & 10 of failed billing your browsing will be interrupted by a 'splash screen'. This splash screen is a reminder that payment is due, but can be bypassed by you selecting the option to 'acknowledge and continue browsing' (this is only view-able on an internet browser and not apps) and once done your browsing will return to normal.

We are aware of a small number of customers that are not seeing the splash screen when interruptions are applied meaning this cannot be bypassed on your side. I've removed the interruption now so you should be able to browse normally.

With regards to changing your billing date you'll be able to carry this out from Here after logging into your account however the system won't let us or you change the date while there is an outstanding balance.

[edit]

Sorry the system has deceived me... The failed payment interruption is still applied.

I've had to raise this through to our network engineers to remove this from the back-end.

Unfortunately they generally don't work weekends however I'm trying to find someone who can do this sooner.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Thedoctor1701
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Hello and many thanks for getting back to me.
I'm one of the unlucky ones that doesn't see the "continue" splash screen.
I'll certainly investigate the link you gave me once payday lands.
And thank you again for removing the current restriction on the account, it's appreciated. Smiley
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I think my edit crossed with your post unfortunately

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Thedoctor1701, a whirlwind of magic has now occurred and the interruption should be removed Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet