cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reluctantly leaving Plusnet

jjaycee1
Grafter

Reluctantly leaving Plusnet

I have now got FTTP through BT and asked Plusnet to cancel all of my phone and broadband account as of Friday 21April.

I am unsure despite calling Plusnet, if this has actually been done because I was told it would be done automatically between PN and BT. I obviously don't want double charges fro the period. Since I want BT Sport on Sky through BT instead of PN I asked for that to be cancelled as well and PN confirmed they cancelled it but i would still get it through to the next PN billing date.

This is what i am concerned about as it implies I am still with PN until my next billing date but my phone and FTTP is with BT since 21April.

Would a PN rep please seek confirmation that I am now completely without any PN obligations or potential charges beyond 20th April, or explain to me what the procedure is, as i am still unclear.

Many thanks.

I would like to take this opportunity to thanks PN for their great support over the last few years and have nothing but praise for their product and support. I hope that after 12 months BT will have allowed PN to use the new FTTP infrastructure and that I can then rejoin PN. Unfortunately this is not initially a service PN can provide as I assume BT have shut the door to others for 12 months to recover some of the infrastructure costs.

4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Reluctantly leaving Plusnet

Hi @jjaycee1,

Sorry to hear you're leaving.

I've checked your account and can see there are notes advising that you've requested to cancel and our billing team are currently just waiting for the current payment to process through on the account before finalising this request (As we're unable to close the account while the payment is processing)

Once the payment clears, our billing team should issue a final bill/issue a refund for any over payments.

jjaycee1 wrote:

I would like to take this opportunity to thanks PN for their great support over the last few years and have nothing but praise for their product and support.

Thank you for the kind words, I do wish you all the best with your new provider.

@jjaycee1 wrote:
I hope that after 12 months BT will have allowed PN to use the new FTTP infrastructure and that I can then rejoin PN. Unfortunately this is not initially a service PN can provide as I assume BT have shut the door to others for 12 months to recover some of the infrastructure costs.

We do currently (And have done for some time) offer FTTP on our FTTP trial, however the speeds we currently offer simply mimic our FTTC packages. I believe there are a few other providers that also offer FTTP.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jjaycee1
Grafter

Many thanks Harry. Unfortunately PN cannot currently offer me the same deal or connection speed nor in fact any Fibre.

I will return when they can.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Not a problem, I do appreciate your need for more broadband speed.

I had a feeling that might have been the reason why, but wanted to make sure you were aware of the trial just in case.

All the best with your new provider, hopefully we'll see you return if/when FTTP becomes a more standard offering from us Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@jjaycee1 Have you misread what @HarryB said?  Undecided

Or would 80/20 Mbps Down/Up via FTTP from PN, priced at £19.99 / £22.49 with/without PN phone, not be fast/cheap enough?  (PN actually allow you to drop the phone completely on the FTTP trial - therefore no line rental payable)

There is also no installation fee.