Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunds why do they take so long?

FIXED
Macc2018
Rising Star

Refunds why do they take so long?

A refund was done for me last Wednesday and almost a week later i am still waiting for it.

it was sent by bacs payment(why pn did not send it back onto my debit card i dont know) and they state it takes up to 10 days when i know bacs payments only take 3 days as day 1 is day it was sent day 2 is clearing day and day 3 it hits bank account so i am well over that timeframe so i dont understand why it takes pn so long.

has anyone who has had a refunds for some reason had to wait days for it?

even direct debits only take 3 days.

10 REPLIES 10
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Refunds why do they take so long?

Fix

There are a few days at the start awaiting Accounts approval and entry into BACS (plus the weekend). I expect the refund will appear in your account Wednesday or Thursday.

David
Macc2018
Rising Star

David

I really dont understand why it takes so long when really only 1 person needs to click a button on a pc to issue refund(sorry it was goodwill due to issue i have had)

another day and its still not in my account so can you please look at my account and see when it wad sent to my bank not when it was sent to another team as im getting fed up with it now

funny as i got a bacs payment from someone else today which was sent on Monday!!!!

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Sorry to hear of continued delays with the refund. However I'm a fellow customer, not a staff member, and don't have any access to your account information.

I will raise this topic for staff attention.

David
bikerchic44
Dabbler

A credit note was issued on my account 6 days ago but I still haven't received the refund.

It shouldn't take this long.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

Our refunds take up to a maximum of 10 working days. 

Please do shout up if anyone hasn't received their following that time frame though. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dougiethediver

email on 24 Aug 18 says refund arranged but have still not got it (10 Sep18) and cannot contact on phone (30 min wait).

I want my money back. Do I have to resort to small claims court? Am totally totally fed up with P/N

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @dougiethediver,

Sorry to for the delay in getting this back to you. It is currently in hand with our billing team and will be refunded as soon as possible.  Please get back to us if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
dougiethediver

To quote you, "will be refunded as soon as possible" is a cop out!!! How long is asap? One day, 1 week, 1 month, or even 1 year and you could still say that it was asap!! Your company appear to be proud to use "refunds take no longer than 10 days" so why are we now into 18 days, that's 12 working days, but again that's a cop out as your company works 7 days a week!!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW, not next week/month.

I feel a visit to/speak with Ofcom coming up very shortly, your advertising is more than misleading if you cannot/will not refund in the 10 days that you quote, and then a call/visit to the Small Claims Court, will all the extra costs that will impart to yourselves, plus the £75 charge and interest at 8% above base rate that the law allows. I cannot even begin to tell you how angry I am.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Plusnet (PN) have introduced a new billing system which is currently bedding in, to put it mildly given the numerous issues reported on these forums and my own experience.

It does appear that the new system, when working properly, will offer additional flexibility to customers compared with the old system.

For instance there now appears to be a facility for customers to change their billing date which was something that was repeatedly asked for judging by the number of community posts on the subject.

Another common complaint about the previous system was PN’s need to allow an erroneous overbilling direct debit request to complete (i.e. the funds arrive in PN’s bank account) before refunding the overbilled amount to the customer even when they were informed of the error well in advance of the date that the direct debit request would be submitted. I noted in the email I received about my September bill that the date the direct debit would be taken was a few days further in the future than it used to be. 

Is there now the facility in the new system for PN to stop an obviously wrong amount being taken from a customer’s account (if they are made aware of the issue promptly) and a corrected direct debit request to be submitted to avoid customers being disadvantaged unnecessarily?

This laggardly approach to refunds seems to apply to other causes as well such as double billing..

PN have never been the speediest company when it comes to refunding due to overbilling or double billing etc., the new system should have been designed to improve this aspect of their “award winning customer service” or whatever they call it.

It is totally unacceptable for PN to leave customers out of pocket for several days especially when significant sums of money are involved such as the instances of double billing for LRS etc described currently on these forums.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @dougiethedriver, can you please see the open ticket here for a further update please.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team