Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunded after migration

munkfish
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Refunded after migration

I migrated to another ISP on 16/08/18 / just over 2 weeks ago.  This was about a week after my contract end date.  All went very smoothly apart from the fact I haven't received any email from Plusnet to confirm the migration was successful (according to the help pages (or T&C, can't remember which?) I should have received one to indicate the account was 'closed').

Can someone confirm the account is finalized now?  Also when can I expect a refund for the last month's subscription payment?

Thanks.

PS I can't see any way of updating my Plusnet account name (ie the account name associated with my Plusnet services, NOT my forum 'nickname') - so any staff member looking at my details may not see the correct service account.

10 REPLIES 10
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Refunded after migration

Hi Munkfish.

I'm sorry if you haven't received any updates from us, I appreciate you'd like to have this information. Please check your junk mail, spam or deleted items folders to see whether any email was received.

We are updating our billing system at present so any outstanding refunds should be processed over the next few days. Whilst the update is taking place we're also unable to provide any refund information via the Member Centre. I do apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please do try logging on to the Member Centre occasionally as you will be able to access once the update has completed.

Please note that Plusnet account usernames cannot be changed once you have chosen them, as they form part of our logon verification processes.

Thanks.

munkfish
Grafter

Thanks for the reply.

@@LordFoul wrote:

Hi Munkfish.

I'm sorry if you haven't received any updates from us, I appreciate you'd like to have this information. Please check your junk mail, spam or deleted items folders to see whether any email was received.

I'm not fussed about the email, I just want to know that the account has been finalized / closed / my refund is on it's way (I suspect this is NOT the case).  The only reason I mentioned the email was that in the T&C it says:

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/#moving-to-a-new-provider

When we receive confirmation that the transfer to the new provider has completed, our systems will automatically close your account.

If you don't receive confirmation of your account's closure once the transfer to the new provider has completed, you're advised to call our Customer Options team to inform us that your transfer has completed.

And since I've received no confirmation, together with the fact I can see an open Ticket here (can't link to it because your system is down!) relating to account closure, leads me to suspect that the account hasn't been closed properly.  I know above it says 'call CS' but ... meh.

Can you please look at my account and see if the account has been properly closed/finalized/verify that my refund is on it's way.

Please note that Plusnet account usernames cannot be changed once you have chosen them, as they form part of our logon verification processes.

Some confusion perhaps.  I was saying that there is no option for me to modify the Plusnet service account username associated with this login on the forum (munkfish).  This forum username (munkfish) was created several years ago and may have been associated with my old Plusnet service account (I have been a new customer with Plusnet twice in the last 4-5yrs or so).  Hope that makes sense.

May be easier to just PM you with the plusnet account name... Wink

Also, when signing up for a new phone/broadband account with Pluset, how long do I have to wait until being considered a 'new customer' to take advantage of the bonuses offered to new customers?

Thanks again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you've not heard back from us following your service leaving us.

I was saying that there is no option for me to modify the Plusnet service account username associated with this login on the forum (munkfish).  This forum username (munkfish) was created several years ago and may have been associated with my old Plusnet service account (I have been a new customer with Plusnet twice in the last 4-5yrs or so).  Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the clarification. Yeah your forum username is locating something in our account system but we can't see the account due to the length of time it's been since it was closed.

May be easier to just PM you with the plusnet account name... Wink

I think that's best. Smiley Feel free to send me a PM.

Also, when signing up for a new phone/broadband account with Pluset, how long do I have to wait until being considered a 'new customer' to take advantage of the bonuses offered to new customers?

Essentially you can sign up as many accounts as you want at one address(Subject to physical line availability) but if you want to create a new account with the same landline number you'll just need to wait until the previous account is closed.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
munkfish
Grafter

Any update to this?

@Gandalf - I PMed you a week ago about it but no response as yet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @munkfish

I'm really sorry that I haven't replied yet, admittedly I seem to have missed it. Sad

I'm taking a look now and I'll update you tonight.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've replied to your private message now and also created ticket 182445976 on your account.

Let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
munkfish
Grafter

Many thanks, PM seems to address the issues. Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems and I'm glad to hear that! Better late than never. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
munkfish
Grafter

FWIW / in case anyone else looks this up on the forum, the refund cheque has just come through today.  There seemed to be a good 2 working weeks between when Gandalf said it would be paid and when it was eventually processed, so in total 4 working weeks (ie about 5-6 weeks!) after I asked on here and about it.  Basically, be patient. Sad

Thanks to Gandalf though you were very helpful / prompt, it seems it was an issue with someone else actually picking up the support ticket that caused the very long delay.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear you've got your refund and sorry for the length of time it took.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet