cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund still not processed

reisee1997
Hooked

Refund still not processed

Hi, I’ve been waiting for months now (since 3 Jan 2021) for my refund to be processed to my bank account due to my cancellation of my contract, why has this still not happened?
11 REPLIES 11
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Refund still not processed

From what I can see we sent a cheque back in July last year. 

For the reasons I advised on the ticket Here at the time, we couldn't refund it to your bank account I'm afraid. I understand we've since then tried to refund to your bank but this isn't something we'd be able to do I'm afraid.

Let me know if you've not received it so we can stop the cheque and issue another.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
reisee1997
Hooked

Hi Gandalf, Thanks for the reply. The cheque is likely outdated as it had been issued last year - I will be returning to London in May, could you issue a new cheque and cancel the old one accordingly? Thanks for the help!
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

No worries @reisee1997, the cheque is valid for up to 12 months so please do get back to us here if you find the cheque uncashable and we can get a new one organized for you. 

Cheers.

reisee1997
Hooked

Hi, Unfortunately I've tried to cash the cheque and the cheque has bounced, presumably because it is too old. Can you please resend the cheque? Thanks very much!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @reisee1997,

I'm afraid I'm unable to do anything with this tonight, however I'll hold onto this and take a look into it with our Billing Team on Monday.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
reisee1997
Hooked

Hi,

May I know what the progress with this is? Thanks very much!

All best wishes,

Rei

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @reisee1997 

I'm sorry to see you've not heard back yet. I've raised this with our billing team now to post you a new cheque.

We'll provide an update as soon as we know more, this should be by the close of play on the 5th July.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
reisee1997
Hooked

Hi, thanks for your help, I have now received the cheque. I have also previously received a package from Plusnet (which I think may contain the wifi router - do you need me to send this back to Plusnet? If so, please send me a return label and I will return it! Thanks very much once again

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @reisee1997,

I'm glad to hear that you've now received the cheque Smiley  I've ordered a returns bag now, which should be with you in the next 3-5 working days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
reisee1997
Hooked

Hello, with terrible apologies, i’ve now moved out of my previous flat - while i can still collect the slip by asking my landlord to pass the slip to me, I would just like to enquire if the return slip has a use by / expiry date (just to make sure it doesn’t get lost in the mail) - if there is an expiry date, could you contact me by my handphone number in your records so that i can give you my new address? Apologies for the hassle!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @reisee1997

The returns bag shouldn't have an expiry date, and we can't manually send a returns bag to another address. If you don't receive the bag, try the steps Here to print a returns label from Royal Mail's site and arrange a collection, or take it to your nearest Post Office. Alternatively, feel free to just recycle the router in an environmentally friendly way.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet