Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund received

marcusk
Grafter

Refund received

Hi

Unsolicited refund received of £115 due apparently to “a problem on your account which meant you were set-up on the Unlimited Fibre (36Mbps average download speed) product with our suppliers, instead of Unlimited Fibre Extra (66Mbps average download speed). Your service has since been updated.”

However, I have never received speeds close to 36 never mind 66, a typical speed for me is 12Mbps

So my question, is there any point of my being on this “Extra” as it appears the only thing extra about it for me is the cost?

Also, does this explain the repeated disconnects requiring router restarts I’ve been experiencing over the last week?

22 REPLIES 22
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Refund received

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @marcusk

According to the BT Wholesale line information here, your line is only able to provide a connection speed up to 29.9mb/s so there's absolutely no point you being on Unlimited Fibre Extra as you'll never receive over 40mb/s.

I've tested your connection as it stands and you're currently in sync at 18mb/s which is at the bottom end of the estimates for your line. The line test came back clear and there are no external faults on your line that would be affecting your speed.

At this stage, I'd recommend getting your router into the test socket and then performing a speed test via a wired device so that you can post the results here. If the results on a wired test are lower than 18mb/s I'd be tempted to raise this to our suppliers and look at getting an engineer out.

In terms of the drops - there are no drops evident from this side, so I suspect that you may be experiencing wifi interference - do the drops happen on a wired connection?

Best wishes

Dave

marcusk
Grafter

Thank you for the reply...

"At this stage, I'd recommend getting your router into the test socket and then performing a speed test via a wired device so that you can post the results here. If the results on a wired test are lower than 18mb/s I'd be tempted to raise this to our suppliers and look at getting an engineer out."

I've done this previously.

So, what should I do? I have no expectation of anything close to the advertised speeds, I've never come close and really don't see why there is any obligation on me to muck about with routers, settings and cables - that's not my idea of "doing me proud" - that's me doing myself proud.

I'll happily pay twice what I'm paying now for the advertised service, as that's apparently never going to happen should I simply call accounts and have them reverse whatever it is they have done without me asking? Also if there is there's absolutely no point me being on Unlimited Fibre Extra, why have they put me on it?

Thanks.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @marcusk

You don't need to worry about the product change - I will ensure that this isn't processed and that you remain on Unlimited Fibre - as you've said, being on a more expensive package without any benefit in speed is pointless.

In terms of the test socket et al, this is being recommended in order to get you the speed that your line is capable of. Although you won't get the higher speeds associated with Fibre Extra, your line IS capable of up to 29.9mb/s which would increase your current sync speed by around 12mb/s. There is of course no obligation for you to do any of the above, however, without you doing so, we'd be unable to progress this to our suppliers on your behalf and your speed would remain in the bracket that you've expressed dissatisfaction with.

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed - I'm happy to pick up a fault if you raise one.

Best wishes

Dave

marcusk
Grafter

Thanks.

The results of the tests are attached.

3.PNG2.PNG

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks Marcus - that's definitely lower than I'd expect, so please raise a fault as per my previous response and I'll get this picked up by our suppliers to investigate further.

Best wishes

Dave

marcusk
Grafter

How do I raise a fault?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies, @marcusk - I thought I'd linked this in my original response.

You can raise a fault here.

Best wishes

Dave

marcusk
Grafter

Sorry chap, I'm now logged onto the Member Centre page, if there is an option to report a fault i'm not having any success in finding it?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Marcus,

No worries - you just need to click on "Broadband" and then "Broadband Troubleshooter".

Thanks

Dave

marcusk
Grafter

Found it, and still doing me proud it seems...

Are you not able to simply take this thread as an indication that I want to report a fault?

Error.PNG

marcusk
Grafter

It's worked now.
The fault reporting...

Cheers.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @marcusk

Thanks for raising that - I've escalated this to our suppliers and need you to respond to your open fault ticket here with further information.

If you let me know when you're updated the ticket I'll get this booked in for you.

Best wishes

Dave

marcusk
Grafter

Done.

Thanks for the assistance.