Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund on my second ADSL Line please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refund on my second ADSL Line please.

Hello,
Given this link. I do not think it is unfair of me to ask for a refund of my money considering that this connection is tantamount to useless.
Having made this request, I do not intend to hold my breath on this for two reasons; the first, I don't look good in blue and  the second being the apparent lack of caring by PN over this issue.
Why do I say this? Well before anyone jumps on the "out of our / their control" band wagon, questions have been raised in the aforementioned link that have gone unanswered. That implies to me that no one can be bothered to answer, and if you can't be bothered to answer the only thing you can take from that is that you don't really care.
It has been offered to me to have the connection in question moved to a less congested VP but I declined based on the fact that it would defeat the purpose of having multiple lines. I am also aware that this is a BTW issue, but that does not stop PN from badgering BTW over the issue, but of course in order to do that they would actually need to care!
8 REPLIES 8
catelliott
Grafter

Re: Refund on my second ADSL Line please.

Hi there Mook,
I've taken a look at the accounts, but unfortunately, we're not going to be able to process any refunds for your second line, as we have offered a solution to the problem, but you have declined this.
I'm really sorry about this. If you have any further questions, please let us know.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noted
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If the specific purpose of the second line is to provide maximum available resilience then you may have an argument in terms of 'fitness for purpose'.  If this was made clear when the second line was ordered then you may have a good case.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it wasn't purchased for redundancy but simply for more bandwidth. I didn't expect a refund, as you'll see from the original post. But that's not what bothers me, it is PN's lack of caring that hacks me off more than anything. They have simply washed their hands of the whole thing as far as I can see.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Are you saying what Cat posted is a terminological inexactitude?
Quote from: catelliott
I've taken a look at the accounts, but unfortunately, we're not going to be able to process any refunds for your second line, as we have offered a solution to the problem, but you have declined this.

If it isn't it looks to me like it was you who washed their hands of the whole thing, not Plusnet!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, not at all, all Cat has done is to say what I expected to be said, as hinted at in my posts. As for my part, I can't do anything about it, so your comment as no relevance. My point regarding the 'washing of hands' was driven from the fact that post have been raised in the linked thread directed at PN that have not been answered implying to me a lack of interest, hence my comment.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Mook,
If we haven't responded to a thread it doesn't mean we've washed our hands of it, it's more likely we've missed it or not got around to responding. I'll go and have a look to answer the questions by Townman on there, but ultimately it's likely to need a VP swap to resolve the problem.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Chris, appreciated.