cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund on leaving and last bill

Richeld
Hooked

Refund on leaving and last bill

Has anybody else out there experienced no refund on money they are owed by plus net I left on 2/10/18 they owed me £17.41  but not refund it l have been in touch with them 3 times on this matter and was told cheque would be with me within 21 working days what a joke we are now well over that what is going on don't they ever give money back they were quick enough to take it 

10 REPLIES 10
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Refund on leaving and last bill

Lots of people are in the same situation. The update of Plusnet's billing system on 1st September appears to have made it almost impossible for Plusnet to get final bills and refunds correct. I suggest you cancel your Direct Debit if you haven't already, as their system is still capable of billing you and debiting money long after your account is "closed". I'm awaiting a refund for a month's bill that they took the month after my account was closed, and they can't refund the previous month's pro-rata payment until they can generate a final bill - I've been waiting for that for 6 weeks now.

Richeld
Hooked

Hi thanks for the info I have cancelled my direct debit I did receive  an email telling me I would get my final bill 5 days ago but no bill on the billing system has arrived but I can see on previous bill what they owe me .I have been in touch again by phone tonight tried to fob me off with 21 working days bit again but I said today was your 21 days from our last conversation still got no where worst company I have ever left even talk talk were better than this considering getting touch with ombudsmen thanks R

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

I believe you are supposed to wait 8 weeks after first contacting Plusnet before the dispute organisation will look at it. Once they do they look at it they cannot actually force Plusnet to do anything. They're likely to just suggest that Plusnet refund the money they owe you - which I'm sure Plusnet are trying to do anyway. The problem is that Plusnet have implemented a billing system that doesn't work, and nobody knows how to mend it - they have been trying to fix it for 3 months now, and still it doesn't work. And Plusnet management don't care. I feel sorry for the support bods who have to answer all the complaints, but are powerless to actually do anything.

In other threads it has been suggested that anyone with problems should complain to Ofcom - they won't look at individual cases, but will investigate a company if problems are common (and they are!).

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Richeld

As far as I can see from this ticket your account have been updated regarding his issue today. Apologies that I have no fresh info on this - i'm afraid that the issue is with the relevant team and we are unable to speed this process up.

@corringham you are right in your timescales & information. 

Thanks

MoR

Richeld
Hooked

I shall wait to see if there is any progress on this ticket raised today but I find this is a very dissapointing  company response with tv advert that makes out it has great customer relations when it is clearly falling to live up to its hype

Richeld
Hooked

I see now no  one is getting there money back any time soon even when you get through to them on the phone and they raise ticket with your complaint no one answers the ticket it obvious this company is useless  can not get any movement  on my refund and just about given up hope ever seeing it and it's a clear case of a large company taking money that know they never going to give back you very little you can do about it 

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Richeld

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your refund to be received.
I have responded via a ticket on your account with further detail on your issue. You can view these details here

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch

- Warwick

Richeld
Hooked

Thanks for getting me an update and replying via the ticket hopefully they will reply with an answer this time as I don't seem  to  have any trouble getting through to people on the community or the online chat even managed to speak someone by phone but .can't get them to reply from the refund department I hope they will this time .

mickeyetc
Grafter

To all that's this is happening to

please contact the ombudsman

https://case.ombudsman-services.org/signup?url=%2fapply%3fcompany%3dplusnet%26sector%3dcommunication...

send them all your emails/tickets/TxTs and they will do you proud not like this piece of craap rip off company

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

We'll update you as soon as we know anything further @Richeld. Thanks for your patience and understanding in this matter.