cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund of overcharge

ARone
Grafter

Refund of overcharge

Trying to get a refund again on an overcharge (discount not applied again) its only around about £12.00 overcharge but annoying that  after my broadband problems this a discount was offered to stay and now I am actually being charged more than I would have been at full price and then having to chase it every month , still at the moment after calls to try and get it sorted and tickets still no refund of the error.
Its a small amount yes but really dont want to be going through this with a company every month and just had another phone call that ended with pretty much  "we cannot do anything about the refund you need to speak to billing"  when I thought I had called billing  it gets very confusing as to how to get what seems like this end anyway a simple problem sorted .
Shame really as all these problems Im now having only seem to have started this year was fine before please just sort the overcharge one way or the other on ticket number 55998203  its a small but annoying monthly problem which imo should not take phone calls and tickets , 14 days to sort after a an inflated  bill has been raised especially as it was pointed out before the money had left my bank on the day the invoice appeared .
Surely once a monthly price has been promised and agreed - accepted this could somehow be applied auto avoiding the annoying problems of trying to get the overcharge refunded . Smiley
Things like this are making it hard to recommend and refer , which was never a problem in the past
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Refund of overcharge

Hi there,
I've had a good read through ticket 55998203, I can see at the start that we promised you the refund and I can see exactly why it hasn't been issued yet.
You may notice a number of mentions on there that our system will not allow us to perform a refund against an invoice that has a pending direct debit. Another thing to bear in mind here is that this is a restriction, there isn't a way around this and a payment that may have cleared from your account may still show as pending on our systems for a little while afterwards and that will always stop us from using the billing system to perform refunds. However we could have offered a cheque so I'm sorry that wasn't offered to you perhaps after the first 10 days of waiting for the billing system to clear down
Moving forward though I can see that the payment now isn't pending so I've processed the refund. Please expect that to land in your account in around 7 working day's time.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ARone
Grafter

Well thank you for that but can you not do something to stop these overcharges in the first place its very time consuming trying then to get them sorted , the first month it happened it was promised it wouldnt happen again and system had been set for remaining  period of offer
As youve just said refund of the overcharge should reach your account in  7 days or so ,  if it takes that long then that would make it over 21 days since pointing the error out , its annoying having to  follow these things through and phone calls , tickets ,  until something is sorted especially when a discount has been promised as a way of compensating for a broadband problem   and the overcharge error pointed out to you on the day it was raised  both times  Smiley
If my monthly amount for broadband was set before with no problem why can it not be now , without a discount having to be manually applied each month and me checking to see if that happens , by the time I do Im told its too late to stop the overcharge even on the day of the bill  Cheesy
I can understand phone as that fluctuates with my usage but broadband should be set at the fixed price promised for the 12 months surely on an account which would save this happening , its not good ,
Im sure we all have better things to do when promises that dont happen just result in another phone call or another ticket / email / forum post , itsa not just me having some problems this year with either billing or broadband issues as Ive recommended you to a lot of people because of how excellent it was and unsolved / returning issues are increasing , something has  changed there somewhere this year  , my own broadband issues before this  took ages and many different agents to sort too ?
I know it sounds like Im a moaner probably but truth is the solutions to some errors  seem very long winded now and that was never the case in the past these days most phone calls you have to start from scratch and tickets can also pass through many different hands , I know this is billing but my broadband issue had I think 6 different "agents" reply it just confused the issue until it was sorted , again not a customer fault but very time consuming , its difficult these days to know the best way to get a problem solved without confusing the issue
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Don't get me wrong, we do fully admit that this wasn't handled very effectively. IMHO I believe we could have applied the discounts in a different way meaning no refund was needed thus avoiding this issue for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
James
Grafter

Hi ARone,
Firstly, I am really sorry that your discount wasn't applied correctly on your previous bill.  I can see where it was applied by Ricky in the Call Centre, which was done correctly and you still did not receive the benefit.  I think that the problem may have arisen from another offer being open, which clashed with the one that Ricky had made.
As such, I have cancelled both of these and readded the one that Ricky spoke with you about at the end of April.  I would expect your discount to apply correct for the remaining 10 minths.
I'm sorry that it's taken quite so long to sort this out for you.