Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund not received after service termination

FIXED
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Refund not received after service termination

Since PlusNet cannot provide me with a Broadband service faster than 5Mbps and since my area is not fibre-enabled by Openreach, I have switched to Gigaclear (at 325Mbps).

After my Gigaclear connection was made live and tested to be fully working, I requested service termination to PlusNet by phone on 11 July 2019 which, since it involves a two-week notice period meant my service would end on 25 July 2019.

I received a confirmatory email to that effect on 11 July 2019 and an email on 25 July 2019 noting service termination (at 7.32am).

However I had paid in advance until 31 July 2019. I would have expected an automatic refund of the 6 whole days after termination - which equates to 6/31 x 29.98 = £5.80 - but there's nothing on my bank statement to 2 August 2019 received today.

I know this is only a small sum but I believe I am entitled to it, especially considering I had to wait two weeks for termination as well. Every little helps!

4 REPLIES 4
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Refund not received after service termination

Fix

Hi there @drj

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear that you have decided to move to another supplier, I hope you enjoy the speeds!

Regarding your invoice payment, what happens is that once your account is closed we create a final invoice within 20days. This is to take into account if you are owed any part refunds, or any part payments owed. Once this is created we will send the money back either via your direct debit instruction or by cheque should the direct debit instruction be cancelled.

I hope this makes sense, if you have further questions I can take a look, just send me a PM with your Plusnet username and I can have a look.

drj
Aspiring Pro

Thank you for the prompt response
drj
Aspiring Pro

Received in my bank account on 19 August.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

That's brilliant news @drj, thanks for letting us know.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.