cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund not received - 4 weeks since cancellation

Duveldave86

Refund not received - 4 weeks since cancellation

Hi

My service was cancelled on the 2nd November due to the system failing to fully process my order meaning I needed to remain with my existing provider as I can't afford to be without internet. However my refund still hasnt been issued.

Please confirm when I will receive my refund.
18 REPLIES 18
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Refund not received - 4 weeks since cancellation

If the system couldn't process your order you are probably a victim of Plusnet's new billing system - there have been lots of problems with it since the start of September. If that is the case, the same faulty system will prevent Plusnet from being able to process your refund. I've been waiting 6 weeks or so for a refund, and judging from the fora others have been waiting even longer, so don't hold your breath.

Saltariva
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi @Duveldave86 and @corringham

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have both been experiencing with our new billing system.

@Duveldave86 I have updated your account with further information which can be viewed by clicking here.

@corringham Have you been advised on when your refund will be given back to you? If you would like us to chase this please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

corringham
Seasoned Champion

@Saltivara, as far as I'm aware the problem is that my account is "stuck" in your billing system, so the final bill and therefore the refund amount can't be finalized. Meanwhile bills are still being generated for a closed account. I have now had a refund for the Nov-Dec bill payment that was taken for the closed account, so it is just the refund for 27 days of the last month I had service that I'm waiting for. I don't believe there is anything constructive that can be done until the back end system is fixed.

Of course, another issue is my business account which replaced my residential account, which is also "stuck". It is all very unprofessional, and I now regret choosing Plusnet for a business account. Plusnet used to cheap and cheerful, but the cheer has gone.

Duveldave86

Hi Saltariva,

I've tried logging in to see the update but get the following message:

"We are unable to find an account with the information you have provided.

Please try again or contact our support team on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200."

Are you able to confirm when my refund will be issued?

Thanks for the reply Corringham - hope you get yours sorted soon.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Morning,

@Duveldave86, I have now sent a copy to the email associated with this account for you to view - also refreshed the portal as you should still have access to this.

@corringham That's unfortunately correct in regards to the refund, with the relation the new account I understand my colleague @Gandalf is handling this for you.

corringham
Seasoned Champion

@Mads, with regards to the residential account refund, is there any news on the fix to the billing system? Is there any progress at all? Any estimates of how long it will take to fix the broken system? Or any Plan B?

Is senior management aware of the ongoing problems? and would they like to make a public statement about it?

prysgodyn

Still waiting for refund of initial payment after I cancelled my order (and recieved confirmation of cancellation by email) well within the cooling-off period, and well before my services started. I have kept every email and logged every phonecall times, and have copy of bank transaction .
It's 2 weeks since confirmed cancellation, and I'm tired of waiting for Plusnet's "award winning customer services" to pick-up the phone. I'm getting to the point where I have registered with the Ombudsman, but I'm giving this community forum a go before I go ahead with the complaint. (The Chat option doesn't work, presumably because my account is closed and therefore limited.)

briandow50
Dabbler

Seems to take up to 20 days after account closed for 'new' bill to be generated which will then trigger a cheque payment no doubt which will take another 10 -14 working days to arrive.(See  multiple other posts in this forum from 'customers')

I am in the 20 day period at the moment as the new billing system meant they could not cancel the account generated in August until November. Hope you are luckier than me.

Plusnet, We're Proud To  Do You!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@corringham, from what I can see your final bill for your previous account can be found Here, and the refunds issued can be found Here. If you haven't got the refunds yet, you should receive them by the end of next week I'd expect.

Regarding your new account, unfortunately the issue is on-going but I'm still actively looking into this and I'll keep you updated via the support ticket 184135639 when I know more.

[edit]

Removed hyperlink to internal system.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @prysdogyn

Thanks for getting in touch.

@briandow50 has saved me a bit of typing there - slight amendment though, it can take up to 30 days after your account cancellation date for the final invoice to be generated. Once this has been produced, any credit/outstanding balance would be processed by our billing team accordingly.

Best wishes

Dave

prysgodyn

thanks for the replies @briandow5 and @RandallFlagg .

corringham
Seasoned Champion

@Gandalf, thanks for the reply, but the final bill still isn't visible. The last bill visible is the bill for the period 13/11 to 12/12, but the account was closed 17/10 - so that bill should never have been raised. The payment for that bill was taken on 20/11, and refunded on 26/11.

So as far as I can tell there is still no final bill which should adjust the payment for the period 13/10 - 12/11 to be 13/10 - 17/10, and no refund for the 27 days of unused credit , which I calculate to be approximately £26.11.

P.S. I have just received an e-mail from Plusnet warning me that my Direct Debit has been cancelled, and giving me a link to set up a new DD for the cancelled account. This suggests the billing for that account is still active.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@corringham, thanks for the clarification. I'll update you via the support ticket 184102778 soon regarding this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
prysgodyn

It's nearly 30 days and I'm still waiting for the refund of £28.99. Any updates on this? A few more days and I will have to raise the issue with the ombudsman.