cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund in General

Stonebroke

Refund in General

On 18th January I was invited to join Plusnet and coughed up £201+ for LSR and other fees which was whisked from my account in nano seconds.   It transpires that not only did they spell my name wrong on the account but even managed to get the email address wrong so heaven knows where the info went they send out.   The only reason I found they had got my name wrong was when I tried to access my account with my correct name and it did not exist. Penny dropping and after a few minutes I tried an alternate spelling and noticed their error,  I immediately phoned them up and asked them to amend the account, they couldn't they had to close it and refund me the money and start over again,money would be in my account within 5 days and at that time I did have the intention of starting again.

Phone last week and told they would put a urgency on getting the refund done and whilst all deals had by then gone they were still a consideration, until they said it could take up to a month to get the refund but would escalate it.

Phone today 3 weeks later and told it had gone to the wrong department and that they would have to issue a cheque which could take up to 30 days.   I continue with my current provider and am out of pocket as that contract finished and I am paying the higher rate. That money, sitting in their account earning them interest,  was set aside to move providers and take up a new deal.

How they managed to extract money from my bank account using the incorrect name is a question I will be taking up with the bank.

Not impressed and they certainly have not done me proud.

8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Refund in General

Hi there, 

I'm really sorry for such a poor start with us, it's absolutely right that we should have checked the spelling of your name rather than assumed that so I will look into what happened and pass on some feedback. 

I've just spoken with a manager to make sure your refund is prioritised and it will be picked up and processed today. 

Please let me know if there's anything else at all I can do to help. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Stonebroke

Hi Adam,

I am going to take you to your word and thank you for the response and look forward to receiving the cheque on either Saturday or Monday.

Regards

Frank Leighton

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've had a response to advise that the cheque will be sent out on Monday, I'm sorry that's a little later than I advised. 

I'm going to check to make sure that's done on Monday for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just to let you know the cheque was sent on Saturday I'm glad to say so that should reach you very soon. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Stonebroke

Thanks very much, lets hope they have the correct name on the cheque. Frank Leighton

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem Frank and fingers crossed!

Let us know if there are any further issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stonebroke

This all started through Plusnet spelling my name incorrectly when setting up the account.  

The cheque arrived and no one bothered to ask me how my name should be spelt and needless to say the cheque has the incorrect surname spelling on it.  

The Bank teller accepted the cheque without looking at the name on it so hopefully it will pass through they system unhindered.   If it bounces I will let you know.

Plusnet needs to ask itself that with Banks closing branches everytwhere is it not about time than they came into the real world and use payments such as BACS or CHAPS.

Hopefully you will not be hearing from me again.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Stonebroke

Thanks for getting back to us and again I apologise for the issues you have had.

I will pass on your feedback regarding refunds over a different system and if you need to get in touch then please let us know and we will be happy to help.