Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund for incorrectly provisioned service

ccarmock
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Refund for incorrectly provisioned service

I was one of the customer affected by the incorrectly provisioned service and received an email dated 5th Feb 2019 about this stating that I was paying for Fibre Unlimited Extra but was not provisioned for that, and that would be corrected and I would receive a refund within a month.

A month has passed and no refund has been received- please can you advise when these will be sent out.

When you check with my account you will see it is now downgraded to Fibre Unlimited anyway, which is correct, however this was done after this error, so a refund is still due.

10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Refund for incorrectly provisioned service

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to Accounts/Billing.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Sorry to see you've been paying for higher speeds you've not been receiving.

From what I can see we upgraded your service to 80/20 on the 13/02/2019 the back of that e-mail you've received, so I'm unsure why we've downgraded your package to Unlimited Fibre following that.

Anyway I can see that both your account and the provisioned product are matching up now which is good. Regarding the refund I've e-mailed the project owner to ensure that this is still on track and I'll let you know when I have a reply back.

From previous discussions with the project owner, you'd receive another e-mail to advise of the amount before we send a cheque out, but as the refund is part of a wider project it's not something myself or an adviser can arrange.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ccarmock
Rising Star

Thanks I received the email to confirm how much the refund would be, but still haven't received the refund.   This is now way overdue, do you know when the refunds will be happening?  If not who can I talk to about this please?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @ccarmock, I'm really sorry that you haven't yet received the refund for this. As Anoush mentioned this is part of a wider project, but I'm very sorry for the delays and I've chased this up with the project owner to try get you a timescale. Given that it's a bank holiday weekend, I wouldn't expect to receive a response until mid next week.

If you have any further queries in the meantime, please just get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
ccarmock
Rising Star

Hi is there any update now please?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @ccarmock 

I can see my colleague (who has taken personal ownership of this case) has provided the most recent update on this issue here 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

ccarmock
Rising Star

That isn't the same refund.  The refund in that question is due to the fact I was being overcharged for the currently provisioned service.  However I was also part of the incorrectly charged customers for the past year that was notified of a refund in February this year.    I then reeived an email about the amount of that refund, but I still have not received the refund itself nearly three months later.

Please can I have an update on that.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @ccarmock,

Thanks for getting back to us.

My apologies for the miscommunication there, we are still awaiting an update from the a chase email my colleague sent off for you previously.

Once we have further info we'll let you know.

My apologies for the continued inconvenience from this and thank you for your patience and understanding with us during this process.

Thanks.

ccarmock
Rising Star

Any update please?  Another 2 weeks has passed.  

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Good Morning @ccarmock, I'm really sorry that you are having to chase this up again.

I have sent off another chaser as we haven't yet received any response back on this. I'm sincerely sorry for any inconvenience this is causing, we'll update you once we know more.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team