cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund after cancellation

FIXED
pasimita

Refund after cancellation

I phoned to cancel my broadband on 23rd of March 2020 and I was told that it will be cancelled on 6th of April 2020. The bill is paid upfront for every month and issued on the 2nd of every month. I was told not to cancel the direct debit as the final amount will be readjusted for the month that I am not going to use the broadband but I was still charged the whole amount £30.98 on 9th of April (after cancellation). How can I get a refund?  

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Refund after cancellation

Thanks for getting in touch @pasimita 

When we generate your final bill if we owe you any money we'll refund this back to you via your active direct debit instruction within 5 to 10 working days. Normally a final bill is produced within 21 days following cancellation, but I've got in touch with a colleague from our billing team and it should generate within 24 to 48 hours. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pasimita

I have cancelled the direct debit. How am I going to receive the refund?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @pasimita

In this case, we'll send you a cheque you'll receive within the next 14 days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pasimita

Do you mean a paper cheque by mail?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Correct, if you've cancelled your direct debit we won't be able to send the refund electronically I'm afraid

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pasimita

But I have moved out. How would you know where to send it? And how am I supposed to cash it while in lockdown (as I suppose there will be a date on the cheque till when I will be able to do so)? If I was informed for all these dates I wouldn't have cancelled the direct debit. Please find a way to make the refund electronically.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for getting back to us @pasimita 

I'm afraid if you've chosen to cancel your direct debit instruction, we'd need to send you a cheque because we can't refund this electronically apart from direct debit due to the functionality of our systems. 

If you can reply to this ticket Here with your new address I'll arrange the cheque to go there.

Most banks allow you to deposit a cheque electronically via an app. Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet