cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referred customer - no referral earned?

neltek

Referred customer - no referral earned?

I referred someone - they signed up and I haven't had the person credited to my referrals discount
There is a support call history on this one : ID: 18542655
I asked to see names to check - most are anonymised so I can't tell which of my referrals has signed up
HOWEVER
one in my list has their email address showing!!!
I was told they had a different referrer and for them to raise a ticket.
They did and had no joy either.
ON contacting them they confirmed they used my username when they signed up.
As neither of us can see who we referred or who referred us we can't argue the case but PlusNet is not paying up for the referral.

Please Help

6 REPLIES 6
jgugenheim

Re: Referred customer - no referral earned?

You're not alone. I have referred several people and not all of them have earned me anything. I would say that as I recall from when I signed up in the first place it wasn't entirely obvious how you named your referrer. Perhaps that has now changed, but the last person I referred (very non-technical) said it wasn't very clear. I note that people I have referred are even unhappier than I am with PlusNet (is this possible?) and are leaving so it's all a bit academic anyway now.
Mark
Grafter

Hi neltek.
I'll happily look into this for you on Monday morning and get an understanding of what happened here.
jgugenheim
I am sorry to hear that you and your referrals have found it difficult to enter referrers details. When going through the sign up process it was always one of the last pages which asked you to enter you referrers username.
The process of identifying referrers for new sign ups is absolutely one which I want to ensure is straight forward and easy to use. If it is causing our referral community grief I'll get it fixed.
In terms of your unhappiness, can you let me know specifics and I'll do my level best to address them?

jgugenheim

Hi Mark -
I've PM'ed you.
Jeremy
DTEG
Rising Star

Sounds like another case of referrer hijacking.
See my thread on: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=128.0
Hopefully something will be done about it now!
megman

Had the same problem. Had to use the Help & Support question facility to get my account credited. Only have a job done though, I am still waiting to get the remainder of the referral value added to my account. Had to send another question to support team to get any action.
prichardson
Grafter

Having looked into that for you (and I will answer the ticket shortly), everything is working normally.
You are working under the assumption a referral credit should have already been made, which is incorrect.