cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals

wallzone
Grafter

Re: Referrals

Harry B no it wasn't made clear to me at all, but now you've given me an explanation I take it that a 'generic services' account is it in disguise:-)
I'm not complaining but do wish that it was put in to plain English or that that there's a glossary of these things so I don't look like a plonker.
Many thanks for the time and trouble to help me on that, and the same to all other Plusnet staff, mods, posters and readers.
wallzone
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I agree, it wasn't as clear as it should have been. I'll have a word with Chris about that  Roll_eyes
All the best moving forward  Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I thought PN say if u leave PN, you will lose all the referral and the free account will cost £20 a year? Why everyones saying different?
avatastic
Grafter

Because there's no consistency.
I've made a mental note to ask to be downgraded to a 'generic services' account rather than a 'free account' in December.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Sorry but what are the real different between free account and generic services?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Nothing as far as i can see.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

wallzone
Grafter

Sorry to reboot this thread but I thought I'd login to my 'generic services' account and see how the charges, if any are going, and I'm unable to access this bit https://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html?home=membercentretop it keep saying 'Invalid username or password. Please try again.'
Now considering I can login to post with the same password I imagine it must be something at your side Plusnet, or is it part of this account?
If so would you please check up how much is going to be owed then I may stop the DD at the bank please after the final one is removed, though I will never know as I cannot check the emails from you to confirm if the amount is correct or not?
Many thanks indeed.
wallzone.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Login on here has no relevance as it doesn't use the same username/password as the Plusnet systems and after leaving Plusnet for good (no account at all) it will still work
wallzone
Grafter

So how am I supposed to check if any emails off their Billing section and if there is if they are right or wrong at this instance?
Also as i said I want to kill the DD but you can guarantee if I do know it will be too soon and they will not be able to get what I owe them, and I have ALL 08  and private numbers blocked on LL so they will struggle to contact me, hence why I assumed email or account details would be best.
Thanks for the quick reply also Oldjim.
wallzone.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Damned if I know as I assumed that the "Generic Services Account" would include portal access.
So, either the change was screwed up or the GSA Account is useless as you can't check anything including the referrals you are due
wallzone
Grafter

I'll have to await a Plusnet Staff member to visit the thread me thinks  : Crazy and see what help they can profer.
Thanks again Oldjim.
wallzone.
wallzone
Grafter

Is there any chance of a Plusnet Staff member looking into this one for me please?
Many thanks to whoever you may be.
wallzone.
Estragon
Rising Star

The quote that was given earlier, re "Sorted", was by me.
AIUI the only part of Plusnet that can give you the free account is the COT (Customer Options Team). But not all of them are necessarily up to speed on this question. As you can see from the quote, the agent I spoke to had to go away and check. His initial reaction was that when I left, my account would be completely closed once any refund of subscription due had been refunded through my d/d. I don't think he even knew about the £20 for email system retention. (I think that £20 for ongoing email services is perfectly legitimate - all non-free hosts charge something).
The approach I used after that first reply was exactly as I described in the quote.
I had to wait almost exactly 30 minutes for someone to answer, but it is an 0800 so should now be free from your mobile.
I called again today, as my migration took place at 01:30 this morning. I wanted to be sure I was being/had been moved to a free account. Again, almost exactly 30 minutes wait. (In each case the auto-forecast was 15 minutes). Plusnet still had not had notification from "their suppliers" (LOL) that I had migrated. Which has to be rubbish - as with so many migrations in where the account hasn't been fully activated.
The agent confirmed he could see the note left on the account about the change to "free". I asked if I would get an email notification when that happened and he said yes.
I reckon I should be OK.
The COT number is 0800  073 3057. They also give 0330 123 0178 from a mobile, which was of course needed before 0800 from mobiles became free. "Between 8am-8pm Monday-Friday or 9am-7pm on Saturdays and 9am-6pm on Sundays".
I hope that helps.  Oh, and I didn't get heated at all when the first agent needed me to go into that detail. It's not the fault of any agent there or here when they haven't been properly briefed about this sort of thing. IMO it shouldn't even be a support (here) or COT (there) matter.  It should be a simple, bog-standard, automatic operation in Accounts. But of course, then Plusnet wouldn't get out of paying it.
wallzone
Grafter

Estragon interesting that but if you read this http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,141118.msg1257756.html#msg1257756 and as you say the only thing that I don't have is the email and the ability to login to the account section, which I wanted to do to check how much I'm being charged for the final bill and check the referral money.
Still awaiting some help or information from Plusnet staff please re this.
wallzone.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There is no final bill.
Basically even though I'd already performed the account change, when the phone was removed it closed your account down. I've reopened it as a free account and you should be able to log in and view your referrals.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.