Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Referrals

what is included in a 'Generic Services Account'
wallzone
Grafter

I was just going to ask that myself Oldjim, you beat me to it.
I'd like to know please Chris.
wallzone
Oh and what ever it is if it's good thanks for moving me on to it. 
Just hoping it is good now.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's an account type that means you'll continue to get your referrals and the phone will also stay on there for the next few days, it's not the 'official' process but it'll work for you Smiley
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Which leaves the fundamental unanswered question
If one has referrals and request a downgrade to a free mail only account - is that allowed by the official process
Please can we have a definitive answer
If, however, we just get more waffle I will assume that to retain referrals you would need to sign up for a mail only account at £20 per annum
wallzone
Grafter

AND that of course answers my question I have with BT as to why my phone isn't working as of yesterday when I transferred over!
As Oldjim said please may we have a definitive answer re referrals, I'm sure that there's numerous people 'watching' this post if they are leaving and are going to be in the same situation.
Many thanks indeed.
p.s.
Please release my phone to BT as I have no phone at the moment at all, many thanks.
wallzone.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your phone service is not with us, it's already been taken over by BT. The only thing relating to your phone on our side is a record internally for us to monitor for any late call charges.
If you want to keep an account open with us after moving out the official process, as mentioned by Bob elsewhere, is to pay around £20 per year for an account.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Why does Plusnet have both an "Official" and "Unofficial" process for such a situation ?  Plusnet must have many customers receiving referral payments and management need to clarify the exact process that should be followed whenever they leave for another ISP. It can't be right for some people to be able to keep their referrals by being transferred to a free account and others being given the choice of either paying £20 per year or losing all their referral payments.
If the "Official" process is an account costing £20 per year, then could you please advise the correct way of asking for the 'Unofficial' process to take place. There must be many people thinking of leaving who are currently receiving referral payments and they need to know that they can move ISP and continue to receive these payments. All they need is the ability to receive the referral payments with no other service provided.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Plusnet say if u leave the plusnet company, you aren't getting any referral at all. If u want to keep the referral, u are paying £20 a year for keep the account active if u have left plusnet. I think it fair play.
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

But that is not what is happening in practice. There have been a number of posters on this forum that have been able to retain the referral payments upon leaving Plusnet by downgrading to a free account. Why is OK for some people and not the others ?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Maybe the rules have changed? I don't know.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Obviously - I hope
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/t/4426196-re-i-stopped-considering.html
Sorted. No argument at all. I think I went to COT, as I used the number given in the "Sorry you're leaving" email, then didn't use the "Accounts" option, I used the "Thinking of leaving".
The opening line was that once I leave, the account would be closed, so no referrals. Explained I believed they had two options for keeping an account after leaving, a paid one for if you want to keep emails and a free one for handling referrals. He went away for a couple of minutes to check and came back saying that yes, they can do that and he will get it set up. To happen as soon as they are notified by the system that I have migrated.
wallzone
Grafter

Well Chris I'm not happy about having to pay £20 per annum as people as said in many places in the Forum(s), that after contacting COT they got it FREE, and OK for everything, but I believe as has been mentioned in the Forums that COT, Plusnet staff generally have not been too sure.
Some staff have even posted on here one thing for another to contradict them entirely with a link to a thread or post from whenever.
Now in my case, sorry folks, rule 1, (me me me and anything left it's for me), I know damn well the person I referred will stay here until the day he pops his clogs, I also know I will be back within 12 months, why should I lose out!
I want to keep my account live, I also want to send more people here, but, I won't do if I'm making nowt.
Thanks again and don't block my Forum access jus yet please.
wallzone
wallzone
Grafter

Hey Chris, Oldjim and all the other people on the page, posters and not.
At the link below is the following, which considering there isn't one, I thought is strange, look at the links for clarification and confusing times a plenty.
http://portal.plus.net/support/tools/referrals/referrals_help.shtml at number 6, bottom two lines,
If you have a free account: Each month that a referred customer pays their subscription, the referral value for their product is credited to your account. When this credit exceeds £5, it is paid to your account via BACS or Direct Debit.

Now this free account that they can't/won't do forever crops up doesn't it.
wallzone

wallzone
Grafter

Hello and I'm sorry to still be a pain but would someone please answer me on here, and about the one above stating about the free account so that I and others may still at least get what we feel we earned by our referring.
Thanks again for the help given.
wallzone
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm sorry if it wasn't made clear previously, but your account was changed to a free account on the 6th when Chris advised he'd changed your account to 'generic services' type.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet