cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals

dsw
Grafter

Referrals

I intend to move to another provider. I assume there's no change in that I can still be collecting my referrals and when they build up, they'll be paid out? Can you action this on my account following the move?
48 REPLIES 48
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Referrals

Yes , you need to ring and and ask for the account to be downgraded to a free one.
More info here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,140422.0.html
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

As I.T.Works has stated you'll need to contact us to make sure the account is changed to a free one.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dsw
Grafter

Please can you arrange for this to be actioned for me as I don't have the time to spend in a queue to COT.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Despite what has been said above - a free one isn't officially an option you need the £20 per year one
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,141135.
dsw
Grafter

I have other accounts on a free plan earning referrals.
It would seem my account has been deleted anyway?!
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Despite what has been said above - a free one isn't officially an option you need the £20 per year one
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,141135.

Hi OldJim, The Free Account is still offered if you have Referrals and do not require SMTP service on the Account. You do of course, have to leave your Direct Debit Account details on file so that PlusNet can pay your Referrals credits. ... R
wallzone
Grafter

Well re FREE account, I'm one of the multitude that is leaving, for now, and I've rung twice and both times been met with 'what a FREE account, no we don't do those we'll sell you a plan at £1.69 per month then you can still get your referral money and keep your account email in case you need to contact us over it, but no FREE one!'
I've even twice pm'd two members of staff off here, once on 26/7/2015 and once on 01/8/2015 and had no answer off either, [they are either off work, too busy, don't know are perhaps can't be bothered, I have no idea], now considering I leave in a few days I really wanted this sorted.
What's to say just because I've left I'm not going to refer 6 or 12 people a month through here, you never know, but not if there's nowt in it for me I won't be though!
Anyway I'll probably be looking for another ISP in 11 months or so after the BT one fades from view, and the leaving memories last the longest I think, plus if you're still getting money off Plusnet you feel like, you've just had a short break not even an holiday!
You never know possibly someone may sort it out from this chaps, stranger things have been known to happen.
wallzone.
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi, is it just your email service you are wanting to keep running with Plusnet?
wallzone
Grafter

Ben B yeah and to get my referral money when it reaches what ever amount so Plusnet can keep my banking details with pleasure, as I said I'll probably/definitely be back within 12 months when this deal runs it's course.
wallzone
p.s. Thanks fr replying to the post 

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

OK, have you already placed your cancellation with us?
wallzone
Grafter

Yeah Ben B I leave in a couple of days so that's why I'm pushing a lot about this matter.
Cheers.
wallzone.
wallzone
Grafter

Sorry to 'bump' the thread but I leave tomorrow and really could do with this sorted if Ben B is out there, or perhaps another friendly Plusnet Rep could read the thread and help me out asap please.
Many thanks indeed.
wallzone.
wallzone
Grafter

Today's my final day please Plusnet staff so I'm still waiting for a reply, and once again sorry to 'bump' my own thread.
Many thanks indeed.
wallzone.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've moved you over to a 'generic services' account type, meaning your referrals will stay on. The phone service will still show as active for a few days so we can check for any call charges but then that will get removed too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.