cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals suddenly lost due to a Plusnet problem

Jag597

Referrals suddenly lost due to a Plusnet problem

Having referred several people to Plusnet over the past 3 - 4 years I am enjoying a nice referral credit.  That was until the end of July when suddenly they stopped due to an error with Plusnet.  Despite SEVERAL attempts to get to the bottom of this issue I am still being told there is no update to this problem.  Is anyone else suffering from this Plusnet error ?????  How can I continue to recommend people to Plusnet from now on if I do not have the faith in the service they are providing me ?  Come on Plusnet get your act together on this issue, this is not like you !
12 REPLIES 12
James
Grafter

Re: Referrals suddenly lost due to a Plusnet problem

Hi there,
This looks exactly like the problem that Be3G was having.
Basically, you are still getting your referrals, they're just not being applied against your invoices.
I've just applied these against one of your former invoices, so you should hopefully see the money in your account soon.
Jag597

thanks Jameseh, why wasn't this picked up sooner ? It would have saved me several phone calls (for which I am out of pocket on) and emails to the billing team and finally having to post a comment on here to get any action from Plusnet.        Is what you have done a temporary fix or permanent ? and can I expect a cheque for the refund or will this be kept by you as a credit against future months ?   
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I'll need to double check this, but I believe it'll be a direct refund to your payment method.
It is a temporary fix - Be3G is seeing exactly the same and we just can't see why.  However, we're going to look on Monday, straight after he's billed to see if we can get any further insight into why this is happening.
As to why this wasn't done before - I'm not sure and I'm very sorry.
Jag597

James, have you found out what is happening to my credit ?  By my calculations I am owed £14.45.  Will I be receiving this or are you keeping it as a credit on my account ?
James
Grafter

I believe I've already refunded it.  It should be a direct refund which takes upto 10 working days to arrive.
Be3G's account appears to be in order now so I'm hoping that yours will be fine come next billing date.
pnf
Grafter

My referral amount hasn't been applied to my account this month, not sure why. 
I have raised a ticket, so hopefully it will be sorted out in due course, but I thought it would be worth mentioning here as others seem to be having the same problem.
James
Grafter

Hi - for reason which we can't disclose with you (as you are not the account holder), a referral token for this month has not been generated.
pnf
Grafter

Thanks James.
I have had a response to my ticket and have been assured that the referral system is working correctly.  My apologies, it seems as though my original posting was a red herring.
James
Grafter

Yep - That was also the impression that I got from looking at both accounts.
Jag597

Quote from: Jameseh
I believe I've already refunded it.  It should be a direct refund which takes upto 10 working days to arrive.
Be3G's account appears to be in order now so I'm hoping that yours will be fine come next billing date.

Hi James,  it doesn't look as if its sorted itself out.  My referrals are less this month and the credit seems to have disappeared. I have checked my bank statement and this has not been refunded. 
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Looking at your list of referrals and tokens, they do appear to have been generated this month.  £15 has been deucted from this months invoice and your account is over £30 in credit, which probably means that the refund hasn't been completed yet.  I'll have a word with finance and see if they know what's happened with it.
Jag597

Why are my referrals only worth £15 this month when they were £17.50 for the previous 2 months ?
dick:quote