cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals still not applied to my account

jaseace1978
Grafter

Referrals still not applied to my account

Back in November a family member joined PN Broadband and phone on my recommendation and, their account was activated in December however I'm still waiting for my referral discount to be added to my account. I'm told that this is due to an upgrade with the systems which is causing the problem and I've had a ticket raised since November which is still open today because the discount still cannot be applied to my account. Whats the point of referring anybody if the system doesn't work? My contract is due up in March this year and I am considering my options but this issue has left me a little bit frustrated because as every month passes I miss out on an albeit small discount and the way it is going it wouldn't surprise me if come the end of my contract it still isn't resolved. When is this likely to be sorted out? Also as a long term PN customer I've been generally pretty happy with the BB so if this issue is sorted out I would like to discuss my options with a view to potentially signing up again if there is a good deal on offer as yet again I see new customer deals being better than those available to longstanding customers.

12 REPLIES 12
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Referrals still not applied to my account

Hi @jaseace1978,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry that the referral issue you have reported has not been resolved. I appreciate you need to have confidence in the process so the situation is not ideal. Please accept our apologies for the delay in getting the issue resolved.

I have responded to your query here.

With regards to re-contracting in March, our Customer Options Team will be happy to discuss what deals we have for you closer to the time. They are available on 0800 013 2632, between:

08:00 and 20:00 Monday - Friday
09:00 and 19:00 Saturday
09:00 and 18:00 Sunday

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

@jaseace1978 wrote:

... Whats the point of referring anybody if the system doesn't work? ...

Why would you refer anyone to a system you know to be broken? This whole refer system is corrupt.

jaseace1978
Grafter

This referrals issue still hasn't been resolved and quite frankly now it is beyond a joke. Just looking at ,my open ticket on the issue since November there have been 21 replies from PN basically bouncing from one dept to another with no sign of it ever getting resolved. It's really poor that PN still advertise the referrals but yet they can't honour it and I think I have been patient enough on the issue!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Apologies for the issues with adding on your referral. I've raised this with our incident management team and I've moved the ticket 184788127 on your account to follow up when I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
spa
Hooked

your not the only one i have been arguing with plusnet for months now

plus if someone signed up using a link you posted on facebook you would never know

The Refer a friend system is screwed and plusnet will not admit it

Regards

Steve

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Steve.

I'm sorry to see you're affected by this issue too, I can see we've added your account into the internal problem open with our incident management team for further investigation. For clarification can you PM me the usernames of the referrals which haven't been applied to your account so I can investigate this further?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
spa
Hooked

Just send a Pm to you

Regards

Sparky

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks Steve, I'll pick that up shortly

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If the referred account is in suspended billing, the referrer is not going to see any referral credits posted to their account.  This issue has been raised within the SU community!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spa
Hooked

The friend who has signed up has been active a few months now and has never had a suspended account

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @spa, my colleague @Gandalf is looking into this for you and will update you further tomorrow.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Steve,

I've added a reply to your support ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=190098529 asking for more information just so I can investigate this further. Once you've responded I'll pick this up as soon as I can.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet