Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals promotion.

Mark
Grafter

Referrals promotion.

Hi all.
We've been running our summer referals promotion and 90 day trial for a month now. How have you guys found it?
Is it helping you to recommend us? I'd also be very interested in hearing about the conversations you may be having with potential referrals. What sort of hurdles are you having to jump, what difficulties or market challenges are you seeing?
We are also looking at a Business product refresh and having taken feedback on board from our business customers feel we have a lot to offer business users. Our Business support is excellent and our price point is highly competitive.
Do any of our forum contributors recommend our business products and if so what attracts you to our those products?

7 REPLIES 7
Loombucket
Grafter

Re: Referrals promotion.

As stated once or twice in other threads, I've been moving my customer base over to PN over a period of a few years now.  They're a mix of residential (some purely home users, some SOHO) and small businesses, and it's nice to finally benefit significantly from this.
The PN business packages are ideal for small businesses - competitively priced, feature-rich and backed by service that is a damn' sight better than any other ISP at present.
Before I'd use PN for larger organisations I'd need to be a bit more confident about things like website hosting, VPN stability and BT Premium support packages, but for my current customer base it's pretty much ideal.
Since the special offer was initiated I've signed up three or four business accounts and a few more residential, so I'm looking forward to the completion of the 90-day eval. period after which (hopefully - see other thread) I start receiving some dosh for my efforts.
As stated in other threads, the ease of monitoring needs to be improved, and the DPA barrier sorted.  Urgently.

Loombucket
Grafter

Oh, and one other thing.....
I never, EVER mention Plustalk - free or otherwise.  I've had too many customers try it, find it was unbelievably unreliable and ditch it.
You guys make it actually WORK for more than a day or two at a time and I'll start pushing it.  No need to notify me when it's fixed, I'll know - there'll be a thin film of ice forming over Hades...      Tongue
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Have you tried Broadband Phone in the last month or two? We've made a few upgrades recently and it's been working a lot better. Certainly worth a try to see if you see any improvement.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
sparta

I'm afraid that since the promotion has started, I've had problems with the referrals that I get.
I previously had no issues and found that PN, F9, were quick to sort out any referral due and offered good service.
The new options are quite good and seem to work well.
Now however, I've had my referrals value cut by 2 thirds owing to "how the new system operates".
Having been told that I had to "ask us what value of credit you have" so that I could decide what to do with it, was also very annoying.
Referrers should not be in a position where they have to chase for their referral credit and also should not be in a position where they lose their credit when making a choice based on the new referral only.
I've opened yet another ticket on this matter and as usual I am getting the run around from the front line staff.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
We'll shortly be kicking off a Referrals Mini-Project, which will then give referrers additional information so that they can see exactly how many active referrers they have, when tokens were generated and other useful information like that.  I'll be along to provide more detailed information once this project has kicked off.
Regarding your current query, has the latest answer addressed your concern?
sparta

Hello Jameseh,
I've had a reply but once again I feel that my lengthy explanation was not read by the CSC team or was simply missunderstood.
I did ask again that they pass my question over to Mark or someone on the referrals team, but I've asked for that several times now.
If you feel you can assist then my details are within the PM I just sent you.
Rgds
S.
Mark
Grafter

Hi sparta.
Sorry for the hassle you have had here. I am currently looking at your referrals history and believe i have identified an issue. I will be talking to our finance team in a few seconds and will get in touch with you once I have the issue resolved.
Hopefully this wont take too long.