Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals promotion.

Mark
Grafter

Referrals promotion.

Hi all.
We are coming close to the end of our current Summer referrals promotion (30 September) and I am currently working on its replacement along with some major improvements to the referrals process and the information displayed to you our referrers.
How have you found the current promotional scheme?
Attractive?
An added incentive?
Has it been a sufficient incentive to refer?
What do you think we could improve?
Would you refer anyway providing the products and service is stable and of a sufficiently high quality?
Do you use any other referral schemes?
Did the summer promotion encourage you to refer for the first time?

Wow this turned into a questionaire Smiley
Seriously though, I'd be very happy to get your thoughts and feedback on the recent referrals scheme and hopefully learn from it.
Look forward to the replies.

24 REPLIES 24
Loombucket
Grafter

Re: Referrals promotion.

The promotion itself was excellent (apart from the fact that I haven't actually received a penny from it yet, due to the 90-day cancellation period) but it's your administration of it that needs a bloody good shake-up.
Any promotion is only as good as it's ability to deliver on it's promises.  Put a rocket up Accounts Dept's a*&^%$le and get them doing their job right would be the very first step.  Any further promotion would be pointless until that is seen to be happening, as no-one's going to trust whatever you propose otherwise.

foxy
Grafter

Since the promotion I have been referring left right and centre, it has been a good incentive to refer. Another promotion similar would definitely get me motivated again.
I have to agree with loombucket though, recent account department woes with paying up (for those who are in credit) have been frustrating for such a simple process.
I really hope once the 90 days are up that we don't get the same problems with being paid what we are owed.
Keep up the good work though, I'll still be trying to refer until the last day of the current promotion  Wink
James
Grafter

Hi Foxy,
I hoped you might have liked this one.
Accounts have been having a rough time recently and we're making a few changes to our payment system which will hopefully help to ensure that this situation is resolved.
I'll get you guys some decent timescalesd once they're finalised.
Networking4Busi

Mark
I sent an email about your referral program but never received a reply  Sad To be honest, i cannot remember who I emailed!
I have access to around 13 000 business contacts and wanted to discuss any potential with you.
If it is of interest then please email me at mark@networking4business.com
Regards
Mark
James
Grafter

Hi Mark (this could get confusing).
I'll make sure that Mark receives your message.
aetos
Grafter

I too have made two new referrals,
not a penny has been recieved or even an e-mail to let me know that if they pass the 90 days i'll get paid !!!
come on PN
MARK
LiamM
Grafter

Bloomin 'eck... another Mark?
Mark
Grafter

Hi aetos.
When did you make the referrals?
We dont email to confirm that a referral is active. It simply works by automatically crediting the monthly referral value to your account each month and then the cash bounty once the referral has been active for 90 days. The total active referrals on your account can be viewed by clicking the "Current Referrals" link from the member centre.
Confirmation of the monthly referral credits is emailed to you with your billing notification just before you are billed. Referred accounts wont get credited until the date of their first bill.
The information currently displayed in the current referrals section of the member centre, is not as informative as it could be, however this is something I will put to rights in the next few weeks.
Hope that helps.

LiamM
Grafter

Hmmm yeah.. a "Thankyou for referring x, you will now earn y from your monthly bill" email sounds like a good plan 🙂
Mark has referrals well and truly grabbed by the balls 🙂  Good to see...!
aetos
Grafter

was the amount for the original referals not £30 per customer?
It seems to have been slashed for the new scheme
MArk
James
Grafter

Mark,
It was definitely a maximum of £25 on the previous referrals promotion.
tarquel
Grafter

Just wondering when the summer promotion started as I remember signing a co-worker up to PN, and although I believe the money off per month was added, I dont think I received the lump sum.
I'm fairly sure that it was around about August time [but I'm not 100% sure]... definately more than 60/90 days ago and they havent left PN.... I'd soon know if they have Wink
Also, I've had a few more since [4 i think] and although they have been more recent, its hard to know what lump sum money i will / should receive from those as the amount seems to have changed every so often lol
Can anyone suggest anything or take a look for me?
Thanks.
Nath.
James
Grafter

Hi Nath,
You've got two referrals from around that time.  One was in early June and not covered by the referrals promotion and the other was mid September and thus due to receive the referral bounty payment in mid-December.
The summer promotion started early to mid July.
James
Grafter

The summer promotion ran from June 27th until September 30th.