cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals not being applied

Whiskerpuss
Grafter

Referrals not being applied

Since renewing my contract my referrals are not being applied, and when I check on my plusnet account page they are not showing correctly. They're listed properly, but for some reason Plusnet can't add up and the total referrals stated is less than the referrals earnt in the list. The number of referrals and the total amount haven't changed for some time, so how difficult can it be to just add them to the new contract?

I have this problem each time I renew my contract and end up having to contact Plusnet to get the referrals sorted out. However, webchat is unavailable due to heavy demand and I'm fed up hanging on the phone for almost an hour to speak to someone about it. 

Just wanted to vent really, because it's something so simple that should be automatic but always ends up with me having to complain about it and get it sorted out. Its not like I have a huge amount of referrals, or that they frequently change, they've been the same for about 10yrs now. 

6 REPLIES 6
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Referrals not being applied

I have the same problem but have an open ticket that when they get to £5 a refund appears . The only thing that happens sometimes is that someone at plusnet will close the ticket instead of putting it on hold for a few months. but you can easily reopen it. Remembering is the thing Crazy2

https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html

Whiskerpuss
Grafter

Yes they did that the year before last with me. Last year they got it right halfway through the contract after my bringing it to their attention, so ended up with double the amount discounted to make up for the 6mths they'd not deducted anything. 

I've given up recommending Plusnet now, because the referrals system is such a mess. And the later referrals that have joined Plusnet by my recommendation and mentioned my username and details I have never got the referrals for. pffft I can't remember some of them now so can't contest it. Ships that pass and all that. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Whiskerpuss sorry this has happened.

Have the referrals now been sorted or are you still having the same issue?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Whiskerpuss
Grafter

Still ongoing Sad 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Could you PM me your username and I will look into this for you?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I think I've found your account from your forum details.

I've raised this with our billing team to further investigate for you. They'll be in touch within a few days.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet