Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals don't work for telephone sign-up

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Referrals don't work for telephone sign-up

I have referred 5 other clients to Plusnet but I have only ever been credited for three of these.  The common factor where the referral credit mysteriously got 'lost' was that the sign-up was done over the telephone.  I cannot remember if the other three were all on-line but the success rate with telephone sign-ups is clearly low.   
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Referrals don't work for telephone sign-up

Surely it's down to them spelling your username correctly to the sales agent on the phone? Apologies these don't seem to be working for you though.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I don't think so.  I was there at the time of the phone call in both instances so I think I would have noticed if my user name had been given incorrectly.  Whether the sales agent typed it in correctly (or even bothered) is another matter.  It's too late now to do anything about this but I just thought I should record the low success rate.   
matt_2k34
Grafter

Its never too late. providing you do it within a month or two of signup, there have been ocassions when i've called CS, explained the sitch, week later they were added as a referral token. Its not something that can be done easily though afaik...
Regards
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's true, sorry I didn't think to mention it - if we get a ticket on both accounts each referencing the other as referred/referee then we can change it internally for you.