Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals Suddenly Dropped

Red_devil
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Referrals Suddenly Dropped

Hi, for all of 2016 and the 1st 8 months of 2017 my referral discount of £3.75 was correctly applied to my bill.

In August I recommended an additional person who placed an order in September.

In September I recommended a further person who also ordered.

For September and October my referral discount dropped to £2.52 and the next one looks to be set to be £3.71

Given that all of the referral discounts are either 50p or 75p I cannot see how either of these figures is arrived at.

Can someone explain:

1) Why did September and October's referrals drop by £1.23?

2) Why is November's still scheduled to be less than the £3.75 I was getting before referring 2 additional members?

I am almost 100% certain that none of the members I have referred have left so what is happening?

TFYH

(by the way I've tried asking phone support about this but they were unable to explain and were as mystified as me!)

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Referrals Suddenly Dropped

Hi there, apologies for any concern/confusion and that you haven't been able to get an answer.

To put it simply, your referral discounts only apply against the broadband part of your subscription, minus any discounts (for any service).

So for example, if the broadband cost is £9.99 and you have a discount on that of £5 and then a further discount against another service of £2.50, the maximum referall credit you would get on that invoice would be the remaining £2.50.

However fear not, as you don't lose these remainders of discounts and once they reach £5 we'll arrange a refund for those specifically to ensure you aren't losing out on it.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Red_devil
Grafter

Hi Chris and thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure I understand it though.

From Jan-Jul my broadband bill was £8.99 and in August 9.99.

Referral credit was £3.75 for all of this period.which is fine as this is the sum of the referrals in My Referrals list that were active at that time.

I switched to fibre in Sep when the broadband part of the bill became £6.01 nett (14.99 gross reduced by 8.98 for 1st 18 months).

I did recommend 2 new people in September but didn't expect to see any credit from that until October at the earliest.

Can you explain, being very careful in distinguishing between discount and referral credit, how I ended up with £2.52 referral credit for Sep and Oct?

A formula starting with £3.75 (or more if new referrals are active) and ending up at £2.52 would be the clearest for me.

TFYH

Red_devil
Grafter

Can anybody explain this to me in a manner that makes sense please?