Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals Case Study - We need YOU!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Referrals Case Study - We need YOU!

We’d like to promote our referrals programme more publicly.  If you actively refer and would like to act as a Plusnet case study, we’d love to hear from you. 
What do you need to do?
• Provide a name and quote to be included in a press release
• Send through a head and shoulders shot of yourself
• Potentially offer your time to speak to journalists for 5-10 minutes over the phone to say you refer Plusnet services to your friends and family
If you’re interested please PM me (Chris) on the forums with a short paragraph about yourself, why you refer our services and how much discount you’re currently getting each month. Please provide your account username, daytime contact number and if we think you’re what we’re looking for, a member of our team will be in touch.
We'll reward any customer case studies we use for their time, more details on that will be given after you contact us.
We're aware that some customers are still awaiting refunds from a problem with the referrals calculations, we'll be continuing to investigate, work and resolve the remaining credits asap
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
6 REPLIES 6
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Referrals Case Study - We need YOU!

I thought this was a joke when I first read it. PN should be putting all their efforts in fixing the referral system, which is still not resolved after 10 months or so, with customers not paid correctly, and still not.
Yet PN see fit to advisertise something they know does not work , really really poor decision in my view Chris.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I have to agree with IT Works.  With so many problems across the operation in the "We'll fix it soon" category it seems il timed to push a referrals campaign.
I have been a referrer in the past but not for a few years now since I have limited confidence that Plusnet has the will or the wherewithal to resolve the back office and billing issues currently extant.
I hope you do get some volunteers Chris, but tread warily,  the beast could turn and bite you.
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi Chris,
Your last paragraph says it all!
It would perhaps be better to delay the Referrals Case Study until all the issues with the credits have been resolved. Had it not been for the issues with my referral credits, then I might have been interested in participating; as it is, I am extremely reluctant to partake at this juncture as my experiences would be totally negative.
Brian
Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
jamie2

Having the cheek to even ask this question shows the contempt with which PN views its existing customers.
I'm still waiting for a referrals discount from July 2013!  I've raised tickets and have been told that the issue is 'resolved' on more than one occasion when clearly it's not.
On another occasion, a CS person wrote on a ticket that he had resolved my router issue when it had not been solved and didn't work, so I had to buy my own and gave up with PN support..
I'm also still being billed for a phone line feature I cancelled in March.
It seems that PN automatic billing systems don't work and PN CS staff are unable to do anything about it.
Like MauriceC, I was also a prolific referrer when I was a PN customer before BT took over.  Since returning to PN I have only made one referral and have also lost confidence in being able to recommend PN to others because of the issues that PN is unable to sort out.
To say that PN is aware that there are still some issues with the referrals system - despite telling me more than once that the issue had been 'resolved' (more PN lies) - and saying we still need to wait. is just not good enough.  Is 10 months still not long enough to sort out this problem?  Perhaps someone in BT could come in and simply look at the affected accounts and add the relevant credits manually since PN seems unable to do this with an automated system - and clearly no one in PN has the authority to credit a handful of pounds to someone's account.  I can't understand why PN thinks it's better business to stuff your existing customers and spend millions on TV advertising to get new customers to replace all those it has pi**ed off!
Perhaps Chris would like to put things right for all us disgruntled customers who have not been referring any new customers once it became clear how badly existing customers are treated. If I was a new customer I'm sure PN would be trying to give me a free router and virtually free internet, but once you've been with PN more than a year, tough!
However, Chris, I would be more than happy to chat with a journalist to tell them why I don't refer PN services to family and friends.  I'll also be more than happy to to tell the journalist how much I have received in referrals - and how much I was promised and have not received after TEN months!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thank you for everyone's feedback. As Chris stated in the original post, we are aware that there are some customers who are still waiting for the referrals issue to be resolved and we are working on rectifying these.
If you would like to take part in the case study then please contact Chris.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Linn
If you would like to take part in the case study then please contact Chris.

I think that you may have difficulty finding volunteers until ALL of the back office problems are finally resolved, or at least a visible timeline for fixes.
Remember an old definition of a Volunteer.  "A person who didn't fully understand the question"
M