cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral value incorrect

Not applicable

Referral value incorrect

As we do not have a referral section now, I am posting this here as it is to do with billing.
This month my referral value total is incorrect so have sent in a ticket.
Hopefully it will be sorted soon but while I am on the subject of referrals, wonder if Mark (if still covering this area) could answer a question?
Several of my referrals attract a discount of 25p as they were signed up as Force 9 users on the old legacy packages (cannot remember the names at the mo).
Anyway, they were on the basic one of £9.99 per month. They are all now on Value.
Having recently signed up and set up a Homephone/Value customer I note that this has £1 i.e. 50p telephone and 50p broadband.
I am wondering if my older signups should have been increased too and if not, why not?
Huh
47 REPLIES 47
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Referral value incorrect

Hi Poppy,
We've decided not to change the bounty given for legacy referrals. The main reason for this is to incentivise customers to move onto newer packages (hence the higher referral value).
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply. All of my referrals bar one have moved to Value. The one that hasn't is because she does not live in a market 2 exchange area.
With regards to those none payments I have received a reply but I still can't understand why they haven't paid because all of them are up to date with their subscriptions.  This is the first time that it has happened for a very long time so I think that there is something amiss.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi poppy,
I really wish we could elaborate as to why, but as I'm sure you can understand due to client confidentiality and laws of data protection we can't. If you have a direct relationship with the people you have referred you could always try asking them directly.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Not applicable

Thank you for reply and will leave it be for now.
hulls
Grafter

Hi
I've just received my notification as well,  and it's half what it usually is (not a great deal of money in fairness - it has been £1.50 and this month it's 75p) has something changed? According to the your referrals page, it should be the same.
John
Not applicable

I thought that I had read something recently in the forum about there being problems with referral money not being paid.  I have lost referral sums for three of mine this month - I know the reason for one but the other two should not have been stopped AFAIK and I have checked in the member centre.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

You're lucky you got a notification at all! I didn't get one this month, even though the referral discount is showing as due to me on my billing date as usual. When I rang CS I was told it's a known fault that's recently developed (but I can't find any mention of it anywhere) and that it will be credited to my account next month along with that month's discount. I've raised a ticket too as there wasn't one raised regarding my phone call, which has happened in the past, but the reply to that has so far told me less than the CS person on the phone did.  Sad
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I think it the change between the Julian and Gregorian calender that does it for Plus Net  Undecided
Bud
Grafter

I have had only half my referals back as a discount this month as well, with the other half showing as going to be paid next month.
Not applicable

Ah, so there is a problem. Wonder if the chief accountant has stepped in to try and balance the books this month!
Anyway, we must all remember what is owed and next month we should be a lot better off.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

My referral discount which was showing as being due 25th August is now showing as being due 25th September. Will add the old screenshot to my ticket when we're able to send image files again (at least it now tells us we can't do that!). As it's not reached the date - early each month - for my next month's discount to appear, I'm keeping my ticket open till next billing date to make sure I get the two months' worth of discounts then, a grand total of £1.50!  Sad
BTW if it wasn't for all the muddles I've encountered with billing I would have a much higher referral discount as I would be recommending PN to all and sundry, but I don't want to put other people in the position of having to contact PN regularly to get their accounts correct.  Cry
Bud
Grafter

And around 45 hours after raising the ticket, I get a useless response telling me to check that my referalls are up to date with billing, depsite me asking about the outstanding ammount.
It looks like it was a copy and pasted response with no effort to look to see why I didnt get all my referals despite it showing as being due to me on the portal.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

If it said:
" With regards to the referrals on your account, the referrals are not added to your account until the payment on the referred account has been taken. This could be due to a late payment or a change of billing date but we would not be able to discuss someone else's account."
then it would be a copy and paste response 'cos that's what mine says, despite me saying that the payment was showing as due to me on my billing date.
Bud
Grafter

I have spoken to someone else now and they are in the same boat, and which is even stranger they have had the referal for one part of my account (I presume the broadband part), but havent received the referal for the homephone account.
This clearly looks to be a problem and as usual plusnet seem to be ignorant that there is an issue.