cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral payments stopped

swapmeetpete
Grafter

Referral payments stopped

Hi, a few months ago, Plusnet quietly changed the rules for referrers who receive more in referrals than the cost of their service. These used to be paid monthly, but now the terms at https://www.plus.net/help/legal/my-referrals-scheme/ read:

"6 If your referral credits exceed the charges you owe, any remaining credit balance will be applied to any subsequent charges you incur for the services we provide. Alternatively, you can contact us and we'll pay you directly the referral credit balance currently showing on your account. These amounts will normally be paid via the current payment method on your account, or by cheque if you don't have any payment details."

My request to have my referral balance paid resulted in the ticket being closed with the comment: "Referals must be issued as credits unless £50 worth is accrued."

That is not what is stated above. Having removed the original payment system, it now appears the accounts department are making up the rules as they go to avoid paying referrers.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Mark

7 REPLIES 7
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Referral payments stopped

Hi @swapmeetpete, thanks for your post.

You're 100% correct - it's right there in black and white and I'm sorry you received the response that you did.

I can see that you spoke with an advisor earlier who's raised this issue to our Billing Operations Team. I've added to the ticket highlighting section 6 for their review.

I expect that we'll receive an update within 3-5 working days at which point we'll contact you directly.

swapmeetpete
Grafter

Hi, thanks for your efforts but it hasn't made any difference. The billing team are still stonewalling, no reply, no acknowledgement and, unsurprisingly, no payment.

Is anyone else having this problem?

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi swapmeetpete@

I am requesting this is looked into for you by a member of our team tomorrow morning.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

- Ollie

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry for the delayed response Mark.

As far as I'm aware from discussing this with our implementation guys and various other teams a while ago, we stopped automatically refunding accrued referral credit as of 01/09/18, but instead you'd be able to request a refund at any time.

I've added an internal note to the ticket 186105489 in our billing team's workflow to advise of this. Unfortunately though I can't really influence when this ticket will be picked up, but it'll be picked up as soon as possible.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and the response you've received from billing previously.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
swapmeetpete
Grafter

Thanks for your input. They now say that there should be a proactive payment after £50 has accrued but this does not seem to be happening so they're going to send a cheque.

As the referrals will keep accruing I can see me back here in a month or two!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Mark.

Discussing this further with a colleague from our complaints team this afternoon, it looks like you'll need to contact us to refund the accrued referral credit when it reaches £50. Our terms and conditions here have been updated to reflect this too.

If your referral credits exceed the charges you owe, any remaining credit balance will be applied to any subsequent charges you incur for the services we provide. However, if your credit balance continues to accrue then, once it reaches £50 or over, you can contact us and we’ll pay you the referral credit balance directly. The refund will normally be paid using the current payment method on your account, or by cheque if you don't have any payment details.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
swapmeetpete
Grafter

Thanks for clarifying this. I have now received a cheque.

The terms and conditions regarding referrals have been changed twice recently with no warning or notification. Sadly this has undermined my confidence in the scheme, so I will no longer be proactive about switching customers to Plusnet.