cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral payments, Different to what Plusnet say on their website ?

FIXED
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Referral payments, Different to what Plusnet say on their website ?

I used get my referrals taken off my monthly bill to Plusnet which used to reduce my monthly bill to them.

This appears to have stopped happening instead 

The referrals now appear to be banking up with Plusnet and presently amount to £22.50 ( in credit)  even though I get Debited for my monthly account.

Any reason for the change ?

I have asked via support but have been told that I will get a credit note usually when the sum reaches £25

see Question 

I presently get £2.50 per month in referrals.

It means that Plusnet will always have the credit and the customer is always paying more than they should.

Their website states a different method ?

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/earn-money-with-referrals/

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Referral payments , change in way customer receives them ?

That doesn't sound right! I know that referrals can ONLY be applied to the broadband component of your monthly subscription. So if you are on a discounted bb offer that's less than your monthly referrals then they will accrue as credit. In my experience it should be paid as a credit to your bank account when it gets above £5 though, not £25!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro

Thats what I thought, You do get it on the phone plans as well ,  always used to happen that way. However when I queried it with support got told differently !

Perhaps someone at Plusnet on here could confirm that I have been told and our doing the correct thing, I must admit it does not tally with what they say on their website. see my question 

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/earn-money-with-referrals/

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

You earn referral credit from phone plans, yes, but AFAIK the system cannot apply the referral credit to anything other than a bb subscription, goodness knows why!

From personal experience, I was on a free ADSL bb subscription a little while ago and my referral credits were credited to my bank when exceeded £5 rather than to my monthly phone subscription. When I changed to fibre and my bb subscription was > than the referrals then they were reapplied to my monthly subscription

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro

Fix

I spoke with Plusnet Chat today Andy, who was extremely helpful and took it on to sort out.

They are going to  refund the £22.50 and then monitor my referrals  (They say) 

Will see if the referrals get taken off my monthly BB account or if they build up again.

Obviously the operator on my question

Was misinformed or did not know what he was saying.