Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral payment discrepancy

Dx7
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Referral payment discrepancy

Hi Plusnet!
I know you guys are having a never ending nightmare with the referral system and you probably cringe when customers report possible further problems... so sorry... but....   
When I add the monthly total values of my active referrals up and compare it with the amount I actually receive, it falls short by about.  £2.60. If I scan thought my referrals and look at the “Last Token” date for phone products,  I can see that all have been paid out for that month – so why is my  paid out value be always less than this value?  It could be that some broadband tokens have not been paid out for that month, but it’s not possible to quickly check that due to the “Last Token” for broadband always showing “N/A”  -see below.  At some point in the future it would be nice have the N/A problem sorted and maybe even to see a total monthly value of all referrals field so that people, especially people with a lot of referrals can quickly monitor discrepancies like this.  I suppose question to be asked is this – If a customer fails to make a payment to Plusnet and Plusnet temporally suspend or restricts the customer’s broadband  account for  a month or less, could that possibly result in the referrer not receiving  a payment for that month also?       

Username  Account type                                Activation Date  Billing Date  Last Token          Value          Total Tokens        Total Credit  Status
****ajai       Plusnet Unlimited                         04/05/13       17/07/14       N/A                    £0.75           14                       £10.50     active
****ajai     Talk Anytime International 300       03/06/13     17/07/14         17/06/14           £0.50           13                       £6.50     active

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Referral payment discrepancy

I've added your total and the amount that is generated seems to reflect the correct amount against your tokens.
I've raised problem 81808 for the N/A issue. The reason you've had 13 tokens for the phone and 14 tokens for the broadband is due to their broadband and phone activating on different dates. The broadband completed prior to your billing date and generated a token, the phone has then activated at a later date(after your billing date) so has gone onto your next bill generated.
Dx7
Rising Star

Thanks Chris.
If I add all my active referral values using excel  I get      80.25  and I believe its been this value for at least  three months.   What do you get?
My last five amounts paid out were   74.11,    74.86,  76.15,  76.65,   this month will be  77.40   getting closer, but it should be 79.25 as one of my active  referrals have not paid out for two years (see below)   but still a shortfall and I cannot see why.
If you look for referral ***ardner5  it shows on  my list as just having just  broadband. Every month his phone package disappears then later reappears.  At the moment his line product is missing, If you check his account you will see it should be there.  Why does that happen? Its not such a big problem as when it reappears the payout  shows as correct  but it still indicates something possibly not quite right with the system.
As mentioned above,  another strange referral is:
Username      Account type          Activation Date         Billing Date           Last Token          Value           Total Tokens        Total Credit            Status
***oana09 Talk Anytime          21/05/2012           16/07/2014              16/06/2012      0.5              1                         0.5                   active
***oana09 Plusnet Value        07/05/2011             16/07/2014         N/A                      0.5              9                          4.5                   active
The last token was over two years ago and yet  the account is sill active.  There could be a good reason for this, but it does seem strange and if something is just stuck... can you have a look and maybe give it a little kick.
Thanks for looking at this for me Chris.    
dick:quote

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning Dx7,
From looking over your referrals it seems that some of the discrepancies you mention are down to activity on the related accounts as opposed to an actual issue with the referral platform (although I appreciate there are some Undecided ) so from the accounts you mentioned:
***ardner5 - This account has a deactive phone service at present which could be down to a number of actions on the customers account. As a result of this you would naturally see a disturbance in the payment of the referral amount for this account due to this activity.
***oana09 - This account seems to have just been removed from a failed billing status which will naturally delay the generation of the referral amount during the period where the monies are outstanding. With this type of activity, the token will be generated after the failed payment widow passes.
As for the overall amount of tokens paying out each month, this will no doubt be due to similar issues such as those mentioned above however the problem that Chris raised should pick up on any additional issues once the Development team commence investigation.
Dx7
Rising Star

Afternoon Adam, and thanks for that.
Getting the N/A problem sorted will help referrers quickly see what’s going on when payments fall short  (and that’s only fair) -  as  removing ***oana09 from the total  and I did not add Ray G’s deactive ***ardner5 account to the total -  still leaves  £1.85 short this month and I cannot see where it’s from, and  I am still not totally convinced that there is not some other unidentified problem with the way amounts are added, but I am happy to wait until the N/A fault is fixed.  I know £1.85 is a very small amount, but sometimes it’s more, and not being able to see quickly why just adds a little mistrust in the integrity of the referral systems coding.
Re: ***oana09 – Two years without paying Plusnet for an active phone and broadband service just seems like a long time to me. I know there could be good reason and I respect you cannot comment on why due to the Protection of Data Act.
I will keep an eye on it but I don’t want you guys to waist any more time on my unclear figures –concentrate on getting peoples referral back pay sorted and the rest of the known problems sorted.  
PS –
Referral problems aside -  I know it’s impossible to get everything 100% right  100% of the time, but I deal with sorting peoples broadband problems out just about every day, I have regular contact with broadband providers  -  my experience is that you guys are simply the best, and by quite a big margin.   Wink
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again Dx7,
It does indeed seem like there could be something else afoot here however it's pretty difficult to diagnose when we have so many referrals linked back to a single account. I can see you have around £2.50 showing in unspent tokens as well so I'm wondering if this is linked to delayed payment which would then delay the referral being paid.
Hopefully we should see the resolution of the N/A problem soon and this could well uncover any issues that could be affecting the referral values!
Dx7
Rising Star

Hi Adam
Thanks again for that.
That's my old account - you should see how many I also have on my current active account   Shocked
Dx7
Rising Star

[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]

By the way, whats this about? 
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

If you read the forum rule you will see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_quote
Quoting in full the previous post is not allowed in order to try and keep the forum uncluttered and easier to read.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Dx7
Rising Star

Understood.