Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral of existing customer

Chrism2
Grafter

Referral of existing customer

I've been here before; and last time PlusNet were pretty fair about this:
I have a customer on a legacy PlusNet package (since 2005) who was referred from another user. They're going spare because they've been getting very random bills - purely because they have a 2Gb limit(!) and keep exceeding it. They also have some speed issues which I can help them resolve.
I've recommended that they stay with PN; but I'm not keen on doing the switch (or recommending it) unless I can be the "referrer".
I can get a ticket raised from both involved accounts - but can someone contact me to see if we can do a deal. I have to say; otherwise, it's in MY interests to move them elsewhere.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Referral of existing customer

I've recommended that they stay with PN; but I'm not keen on doing the switch (or recommending it) unless I can be the "referrer"

Hi there and thanks for being a referrer!
I can get a ticket raised from both involved accounts - but can someone contact me to see if we can do a deal

Sorry but we can't really, if as I gather from what you've said that they're considering leaving they'd need to speak with our customer options team: http://www.plus.net/search/index.php?strSite=plusnet&rad=plusnet&strSearchString=customer+options&se...
hey're going spare because they've been getting very random bills

I assume this has been raised with support already? feel free to get the ticket number to me if you can (assuming one has been raised) and I'll deal with it if you want.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why should he put any effort in to this? There's nothing in it for him!
On the other hand he could turn to them and move them to another provider when he will get some reward for his effort.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

So what happens when the original referrer wants to know where his discount has gone
Answer - Oh we gave it to someone else  Crazy
Of course to my simple mind I would have assumed that the OP would have suggested that the customer move to the product which gives him, the customer, the lowest cost product which meets his requirements.
I do hope the customer isn't using the Plusnet email address which will suddenly stop working
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Oldjim
So what happens when the original referrer wants to know where his discount has gone

He'll be asking the same question if they move to a different ISP!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There is actually a system limitation that means we can't change the (or add a) referrer after the account has been active for 3 months so unfortunately we can't do this.