Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral missing this month

FIXED
feeps
Grafter

Referral missing this month

Hi,

Just had my bill come though and my referral discount has vanished, was working fine last bill. What’s happened? He is paying per month via Direct debit so I’m not sure what’s happened at Plusnet’s side.

Thanks!
Feeps
Geek, Photographer, Gamer.
25 REPLIES 25
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Referral missing this month

Fix

Hi @feeps, sorry to hear you haven't received that referral. I've raised a ticket on the account with further info here.

feeps
Grafter

Thanks @Mads, its been picked up by whomever and been given one off credit and will be looked at again in Dec to see if it is a one off issue or a persist issue.

Regards,

feeps

Geek, Photographer, Gamer.
rdowns
Grafter

Missing referrals Problems...

I noticed a couple of months ago that the all time "Total referrals" paid figure on my account had roughly halved for no possible reason, unless a whole load of data had been lost from the referrals database.

Note - Since this is a cumulative figure that should only increase over time - never decrease.

I reported this at some length, together with example usernames that were no longer being credited and the operator I was talking to ([CSA Removed]confirmed that when she tried to access the missing accounts, her system appeared to hang - while accounts that were being credited could be access normally.

This again points to a database issue within the referrals system.

This was raised and reported on the 16th November - but there is no mention of this on the ticket, which also addressed a billing issue.

I think PlusNet need to audit the referral payments being made and make a public statement to all their users rceiving referrals about this loss of data and income and provide some reassurance as to

• How this occurred
  • Why it was not noticed or resolved in a timely manner
  • Why we are still having to chase this issue individually
  • How we will be compensated.

As a long-standing plusnet customer (19 years+) I find this sort of glossing over obvious problems very disheartening, especially when I have referred 100+ clients to PlusNet over the years.

Can we have a no nonsense "Yorkshire" style update on this please? - and maybe restore our faith in the referrals system into the bargain.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @rdowns

I am deeply sorry to hear that a couple of your referral discounts are missing.

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.

rdowns
Grafter

THe support staff member response wanted to know "which two referrals" are missing - there are 20 - 30 and they completely ignored the fact that the total shown paid to me in the referrals in the portal over the last 19+ years has dropped from over £7,600 to about £3,000. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Why is this not ringing alarm bells and a full audit being conducted?

THIS SHOULD BE ESCALATED AND ADDRESSED AS A LOSS OF DATA - not passed to the first line CSC for a copy/paste reply.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Good afternoon @rdowns, thank you for your response.

We have escalated your file to our Billing Operations Team for their investigation and expect an update within the next 5 working days.

In the meantime, if you do need anything else at all, please get in touch.

rdowns
Grafter

Thanks, I look forward to an update next week

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

That's absolutely not a problem @rdowns.

Please let us know if you need anything else in the meantime.

Dx7
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I know how you feel rdowns. I am in the same boat with over 100+ referrals, being paid well short, and being told that I have to ask to be paid each month as the system can no longer automatically issue payments over what I earn per month. That’s not what the TAC say should happen and whilst I am grateful to PlusNet for introducing the mutually beneficial referral system,  it now punishes people that have worked hard to build up a substantial amount of referrals. I would rather a computer adds up what I am owed instead of a human that seems to be guessing.  I hope they improve/fix  the system for people like us, or let everyone know what will happen if customers make too many referrals.  

@rdowns wrote:

Missing referrals Problems...

I noticed a couple of months ago that the all time "Total referrals" paid figure on my account had roughly halved for no possible reason, unless a whole load of data had been lost from the referrals database.

Note - Since this is a cumulative figure that should only increase over time - never decrease.

I reported this at some length, together with example usernames that were no longer being credited and the operator I was talking to ([CSA Removed]confirmed that when she tried to access the missing accounts, her system appeared to hang - while accounts that were being credited could be access normally.

This again points to a database issue within the referrals system.

This was raised and reported on the 16th November - but there is no mention of this on the ticket, which also addressed a billing issue.

I think PlusNet need to audit the referral payments being made and make a public statement to all their users rceiving referrals about this loss of data and income and provide some reassurance as to

• How this occurred
  • Why it was not noticed or resolved in a timely manner
  • Why we are still having to chase this issue individually
  • How we will be compensated.

As a long-standing plusnet customer (19 years+) I find this sort of glossing over obvious problems very disheartening, especially when I have referred 100+ clients to PlusNet over the years.

Can we have a no nonsense "Yorkshire" style update on this please? - and maybe restore our faith in the referrals system into the bargain.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Dx7, I am sorry about the length of time this is taking to resolve for you. I can see my colleague @Gandalf has this in hand and will be getting in touch toward Wednesday.

Dx7
Rising Star

Hi Mads.  Gandalf has been brilliant time and time again in helping me out with problems to do with faults with the referral system,  but I think there is only so much he can do when the existing system seems to be so flawed.  I not too worried about the time it takes, I am more concerned that I get more or less the amount of monies I am owed,  that’s what I am lacking confidence in.  Also having to ask for payments each month seems to go against what a decent modern system should supply.          

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Dx7,

I'm very sorry for the poor experience that you've had in regards to your referral credits and for the inconvenience that this has caused. I'll pass on feedback about this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

People are seriously recommending PlusNet to others? Incredible!

Dx7
Rising Star

Having Been in contact with so many people that have had to deal with many different  broadband suppliers as I have myself on very many occasions, I would say yes, it’s been very easy to recommend PlusNet.  Sometimes you don’t get the bigger picture when you only  judge from your own personal experience. I have had mostly very positive reports from my customers that have had to deal with PlusNet.     Also have a  look here: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps/compare?isp_7=1&isp_113=1&isp_77=1&isp_21=1&isp_22=1&commit=Comp...