cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral discount missing on new account

StevieR1
Grafter

Referral discount missing on new account

I had to create a brand new account with Plusnet in October due to you not being able to fix/restore due to the whole system problem you have had with accounts for over a year now (was told to either make a new account or leave).

My new account was setup and able to access it via the website but I see my old referrals are no longer added to my account.
Could these be added back to my account as they are still with Plusnet so I can't use a referral link with them again.

4 REPLIES 4
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Referral discount missing on new account

@StevieR1 

As the need to create a new account appears to be entirely due to Plusnet's system issues and not to do with you, it seems to be only fair and reasonable that you are not penalised and so you should have your referrals transferred to your new account. However, I seem to recall a similar situation mentioned on these forums a few months ago and at that time Plusnet said that it was not possible to do so.  To my mind that is not acceptable and Plusnet need to come up with a way to transfer your referrals or agree suitable commensurate compensation with you. Good luck!

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I am in the same boat, owed for a referral plus balance of Line Rental Saver (updated my question on their system), If not sorted to my satisfaction I will be contacting the CEO again.

Tags (1)
StevieR1
Grafter

That's just terrible to hear that others have the same problem forced upon them by no fault of their own and still no fix to it.
Hoping to get a Plusnet staff reply to this as its very unsatisfactory when I'm now tied to a new 1-year contract as well due to their own system failure.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@StevieR1 

If you get no Plusnet response here then you could raise it as a formal complaint. See the bottom of this page:

Complaints Code of Practice.> How to complain about our broadband...> Help Assistant.

This will raise a ticket on your account which will be dealt with by the complaints team who seem to have more clout to sort things out. Should not need to resort to such but Plusnet leave no option with their poor Customer service.