Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral credit

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Referral credit

It is correct that referral credits can ONLY be applied against the 'Broadband' subscription amount ?
I can't see anywhere in the T & C that it says that http://www.plus.net/features/referral_terms.shtml .
My referrals now exceed my monthly BB subscription but not total subscription including phone and it would
appear not to have been credited this month
edit: having done a search I found this post from Townman which seems to agree with the theory
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134528.msg1177369.html#msg1177369
However I still cant see where this is specified, the  T & C's refer only to
If you have a subscription account: Each month that a referred customer pays their subscription, the referrals value for their chosen product is discounted from your subscription. If your referrals discounts becomes larger than your subscription fee, the surplus amount is paid to you, either by cheque, or is automatically put into your account, if you pay by Direct Debit
nothing there that says BB only...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

14 REPLIES 14
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Referral credit

Yes it is correct,  think it is because the referral system was only designed to take a discount of the broadband subscription,  when PN did not sell line rental, and could not be altered when they decided to sell home phone
Maybe it will be changed whenever the new bill system arrives, in possibly 2050 Smiley
Kind regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Thanks Mike, Yes, it was my guess that it originated from a time when PN didn't do line rental. That doesn't excuse the fact that it's not in the T & C's and will certainly not be at all obvious to newer customers. I really don't see why the referral discount isn't applied to the total invoice Roll_eyes
As for the new billing system, well 2050 sounds a bit optimistic to me Grin

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

So to resurrect this thread
If your referrals discounts becomes larger than your subscription fee, the surplus amount is paid to you, either by cheque, or is automatically put into your account, if you pay by Direct Debit
So could someone from the CRT team car to tell me what is really happening, and when/how my referral credit is going to be paid ?
Script User - Automated Script Pool
5:55am, Saturday 2 Jan 2016
This customer has 100% discounts on monthly invoices and has active referral tokens.
Since the total invoice amount is £0.00, the referral credits cannot be redeemed. A cheque needs to be sent to this customer for the amount: £6.75
The pending tokens will need to be manually destroyed.
followed by this
[Name removed] - CSC - Team Managers
8:17am, Monday 4 Jan 2016
This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 12th January at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
link:csa removed

adie:red removed CSA name as per link:rules]

ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Once the referrals owed amount hits £5 either a cheque should be sent or if bank details are set on your account (these are seperate to your normal billing details) credited to that direct.
What can happen, dependent on the referrals you have, is the referrals owed hovers just around (above or below) the £5 mark and doesn't credit back just because of the timing of discounts being applied to your bills. I've only seen this happen a handful of times though.
Let me have a quick look at your account in the morning as I've been asked about referrals earlier today as well.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I had this problem,  where the  invoice  was 0.00,  meant a payment via BACS could not be made even when over the £5, think it was a system quirk,  I had to be paid manually, my thinking is, if the bill was to show 0.01,  then BACS would be paid when £5 and over 
Kind regards
Mike

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Thansk for responding Scott ( and Mike )
Once the referrals owed amount hits £5 either a cheque should be sent or if bank details are set on your account (these are seperate to your normal billing details) credited to that direct.
I had expected, that since I pay by direct debit, that it would automatically be credited to that account. That is why I was confused by the service notice saying 'cheque' !
So are you saying that I need to enter the bank details somewhere else ?
What's really crazy is that you're still taking subscription debits ( for the phone ) but the referral system can't credit against that Roll_eyes The sooner the new systems are in place ( I assume they will be able to cope with phone subscriptions ? ) the better...

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Let me have a quick look at your account in the morning as I've been asked about referrals earlier today as well.

Did you get to look at my account Scott ?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

So would someone from the CRT like to tell me what's really happening to my referral credit ?
The latest update on the ticket today says
Your cheque refund has been processed and will be dispatched within 14 working days.
Value: £6.75
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0808 168 7435 if we can be of further assistance.
Kind regards,
The email received today says
Congratulations! We are writing to inform you of the discount you have
received through My Referrals and how the discount has been applied.
By referring the following accounts, you have received a discount of £6.75.
This has been applied to your account as a credit of £6.75 against
'Scheduled Payments'.
Referral ID: new_signup
Discount received: £6.75
So is it a cheque , a payment by BACS or a credit against future payments ? Roll_eyes

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

It's a cheque payment.
If you haven't already, add some bank details here and there's a good chance BACS will be used next time round.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Many thanks Bob, Scott did mention Bank details being separate from the normal DD details but I couldn't find where to put them.
I'll edit them when I get home.
Thanks again
edit: no wonder I couldn't find them, there is no link to that page from the referrals information! Roll_eyes

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It's a cheque payment.
Close Bob , but no cigar!
It's just got paid as a BACS payment and to the account in my normal DD details Roll_eyes

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Embarrassed
Glad to hear you've got the payment now though Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: MisterW
It's a cheque payment.
Close Bob , but no cigar!
It's just got paid as a BACS payment and to the account in my normal DD details Roll_eyes

Colour me confused in which case, especially considering we process BACS payments at the start of the month Undecided
In fact, looking at the account, it's been processed via DD refund rather than BACS.
Apologies for the confusion, must admit, I originally relied on the information being left by our billing team being accurate Embarrassed

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

In fact, looking at the account, it's been processed via DD refund rather than BACS.
Yes, sorry I assumed it was BACS. Obviously I can't see which from my bank account, all I can see is the credit and from where.
That would explain why it's gone to that bank account.