Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral bonus rewards

newmillscomp
Grafter

Re: Referral bonus rewards

Quote from: Jameseh
I take it back and should have checked before posting.
Cheques will be sent out for the referral bounty payments because they're being automated.

any update on when the cheques will be issued ?
thanks
chrisc
Aspiring Pro

The cheques will all be in the post before the end of the week.
Chris.
newmillscomp
Grafter

Postie has been this morning and guess what - no bounty cheque from PlusNet.
The refer 2 for £25 offer was if I can remember referred to with something along the lines of get some cash for christmas.
Now if cheque arrives tomorrow my bank (Halifax) takes five full working days till funds are available to me so will not have cleared for christmas.
Dissapointed with PlusNet's slap dash approach along with the missing router fiasco.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Oh that's not good, let me speak to the people doing the actual sending of the cheques and see what's going on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
newmillscomp
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Oh that's not good, let me speak to the people doing the actual sending of the cheques and see what's going on.

surely you mean "people who sent the cheques" as previous reply said this was to be done before the end of last week
Chris
Legend

We've confirmed with finance that the cheques were sent out on Friday, yours was sent to the normal address on your account. The delay in receiving the cheque could be due to the Christmas post, however I'm just guessing.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
newmillscomp
Grafter

Christmas delay - don't think so. Bought some stuff off ebay yesterday lunchtime from a seller near sheffield.
Goods arrived this morning no problems.
Chris
Legend

As I said, I'm just guessing at why they haven't arrived as they were dispatched on Friday.
Emma
Grafter

Quote from: newmillscomp
Now if cheque arrives tomorrow my bank (Halifax) takes five full working days till funds are available to me so will not have cleared for christmas.

I too bank with halifax however i put a cheque in on monday using their scanner system and is due to clear tomorrow, thats not 5 days. In fact its 3 with them not counting monday as being cashed. If it arrives tomorrow you *should* still get it cleared before Christmas.
newmillscomp
Grafter

every cheque i lodge with Halifax always takes 5 full working days till money is available.
maybe it's because I live in Northern Ireland
Emma
Grafter

Hmmm maybe, didn't see anything to say where you lived,  Embarrassed fingers crossed it arrives asap
newmillscomp
Grafter

thanks Emma - have a good christmas
Username
Grafter

Before this thread wandered off into disussing cheque clearing times, it made some interesting reading, which got me wondering why you folk refer others...
I can see two possible reasons -
1) You want to make some money
or 2) You think PlusNet is the best thing since sliced bread.
For me the referal payments is a bonus, a very small amount from each sign up per month, but over 4 or 5 years this adds up (and the special offers run every so on are an even nicer bonus, if I can benefit from them great, if not I've lost nothing). What's more important to me is to be able to provide my clients with a good ISP service, and even without the revenue that's generated by referring someone I'd still be referring them.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
The cheques were sent out towards the tail end of last week.  I reckon they might be caught up a bit in the Christmas post, but should hopefully be received soon!
Username
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
The cheques were sent out towards the tail end of last week.
Received ours on Tuesday thanks.  Grin
BTW: I'd vote for payment via BACS for future "special offers"