cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral bonus rewards

juliasdream
Grafter

Referral bonus rewards

I'm really fed up with the way plus net keep chopping and changing their reward system
One month you can earn a decent amount, then another month just a little, then its nothing.
Now you have to get at least two. I never know what is what from one month o another
Last month I made 2 refeerrals. I'm sure there was some kind of bobnus on offer at the time but I cant remember what it was. My account doesnt show anything beyond the usual 25p,s and 50p's a month.
I am prepared to go to a lot of trouble gaining new referrals and when I'm getting a good reward I will even advertise free setup assistance.
I actually go to the person I referred and see them through all the router and email setup.
Doing so encourages the referrals and keeps me in pocket.
Why cant plusnet just be consistant with their referral bonus system.
Make up their minds once and for all and have a set sum on offer
Does anyone else feel the same way? I hope if you do you will voice your feelings here so that plusnet takes notice
Thanks
37 REPLIES 37
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Referral bonus rewards

Hi,
I've asked the person who looks after referrals offers to pop a reply in here for you explaining why we have to change offers. They're in a meeting at the moment but should reply later today.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I think the best way to approach this is to think of the usual referrals credits as the norm, coupled with a special offer that we might be running.  To see any historical offers, if you want to double check you've received the correct amount, you can check this page:
http://portal.plus.net/support/tools/referrals/specialoffersarchive.shtml
I appreciate that there have been a number of offers over the last year or so, but these have been to reward our referrers rather than to create any confusion.
As you have alluded to, the current offer is for a bounty payment of £25 to be made should two referrals be made in the offer period.  That applies to every two referrals that you make.  You will still receive the usual credits during this time.
Loombucket
Grafter

To be honest, I agree with Juliasdream.  If the bonus system is designed to reward referrers, then REWARD THEM - don't go making them jump through hoops to qualify for bonuses, please!
I have missed out on the last two or maybe three special bonus offers, each by a matter of a few days only, although I'm still signing up new customers whenever possible.  The reason being, the customers want their broadband NOW - not when PN decides to have a spcial offer -  and expecting them to wait until a window opens for a new bonus scheme is a bit beyond reasonable expectation.
I'm still as enthusiastic about referring people to Plusnet but I really am getting more than a little fed up with missing out, just because of arbitrary deadlines set by others.
Please, if you want to reward the people that bring your business in for you, then just DO IT - don't pussyfoot about with time-limited offers that no-one has sufficient control over their customers or referrals to work with them.
Angry
chrisc
Aspiring Pro

Hi Loombucket,
As James alluded to in his post above the standard monthly referral discounts are available permanently - so whenever someone signs up on your recommendation you'll get the discount.
The limited time offers that we run every now and then are an extra incentive and certainly not something that we envisaged would cause some unrest. The simple reason that we can't run with any of these promotions full time is the cost, so they have to be run as short term offers.
It's unfortunate that you've just missed the boat on the last couple of offers but I don't really think it's a bad thing that we offer greater rewards on occasion.
Loombucket
Grafter

Angry
Now I'm REALLY p***ed off!  This wretched "sign two up before you benefit" offer means I'm going to miss out AGAIN!  Having signed one up I've just discovered that due to BT performing their usual screwup regarding installing a new line, the line won't be in until Friday 28th.  This means that their database won't be updated until at the earliest Monday 1st December, which in turn means that I can't sign them up until just past the deadline.
Thanks guys.
Roll_eyes
paulby
Grafter

@lLoombucket
Why don't you sign them up with a free dial-up on the 28th which they can upgrade to broadband on the Monday? (You can enter referrer's usernames when applying for dial-up.)  Not sure if it'll count towards the offer though but at least you won't have lost anything!
Loombucket
Grafter

Nice try, but it doesn't make any difference.  It's the date the broadband signup/upgrade takes place that counts, not the account signup date.
EDIT:  A thought has just crossed my mind (shortest journey on the planet, I know).....
If you really want to reward referrers, how about having a bonus payment for, say, every tenth referral?  This would provide an incentive for referrers, a reward for achieving the target and no time-limit need apply.
Think about it.
Chris
Legend

@Loombucket,
Due to the circumstances drop me a PM once you've signed them up and I'll see what I can do. I'm not going to promise anything but I'll certainly ask the questions.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chrisc
Aspiring Pro

@ Loombucket,
We're constantly looking at ways of improving the referrals scheme and rewarding customers for recommending the service to others.
Rewards for every 'X' referral is something we are looking at, along with a few other things.
I'll be sure to keep you all updated of any changes that we make to the scheme.

foxy
Grafter

I referred 4 people last month, woo!
How will my crimbo dough be paid?
Merry Christmas everyone  Smiley
James
Grafter

Hiya,
It should be via BACS to your normal bank details.
Finance like sending out cheques as much as you like having to take them to the bank (ie: it's a bit of a pain!)
James
Grafter

I take it back and should have checked before posting.
Cheques will be sent out for the referral bounty payments because they're being automated.
Loombucket
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
@Loombucket,
Due to the circumstances drop me a PM once you've signed them up and I'll see what I can do. I'm not going to promise anything but I'll certainly ask the questions.

Signup completed today and PM sent.
Chris
Legend

Got it thanks, I'll sort this out and reply to your PM shortly.